Replies

• Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    An Apple or fruit of some kind
    Cheese stick
    beef stick
    vegies

I tend to "go lookin'" about 11 for a snack of sorts. I start work at like 530 and Im outta the office at 230 most days so I dont do a normal lunch routine. I tend to have a breakfast of sorts right after I get to work because I simply cannot eat when I wake up at 2-230a.m. By 6 or so Im getting the muchies and will have one or two of the above and that constitutes breakfast.

Then around 9 or so I do a repeat. By 1130 Im investing in a lite lunch of something very similar because I can eat it while actually working without skipping a beat or making a mess. By the time 230 rolls around Im headed home. Around 4 or so the fiance' makes me a delightfully delicious salad as a prelude to a nice evening meal around 6 or so. It works for me ...this way Im getting a little something every couple hours and never get overly hungry

Good Luck
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    egg white omelette with veggies
    protein shake with almond milk
    plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese with berries
    ezekiel bread with natural PB
    steamed edamame
    cashews or almonds with a grapefruit
  • Mirandac2012
    Options
    Im in the UK but my snacks are Rice cakes (S+V flavour) Sometimes I add tomato and cucumber in top.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    To keep in a drawer is a challenge! I bring a half avacado in a baggie and scoop it out of its shell with a little salt and pepper very filling and holds me over
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i have rice cakes ( or celery) + a spread of nut butter
    oatcakes + cream cheese+ sliced meat / smoked salmon.
    apple + cheese or nuts
    protein pancake ~( oats, cottage chess and eggs whizzed up and cooked like a pancake)and nut butter/ cream cheese/
  • janine73holland
    janine73holland Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So many people are saying have a smoothie/fruit but they are high carbs/sugar not protein.
    A small omelette with ham would be high protein. Also very filling and you won't need a big dinner later.
  • helenwilliams78
    helenwilliams78 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I keep packets of popcorn in my draw at work. They are about 80-100cals a pack and come in all sorts of delicious flavours (not cheap though so I'm not allowed one everyday!).
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many calories I need to burn up as evening approaches. For low cal, I like dill pickle spears or strawberries. For a little higher calorie snack I like celery with cream cheese. For a few more calories, I have a Special K breakfast bar at 90 calories. For after dinner I like sugar free popsicles (15 calories).
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is dried mangoes. Low in calories but they fill me up :)

I bought this once from Trader Joes and it's high in sugar.
  • alsmomma
    alsmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I either eat sugar-free pudding cup (70 calories) or caramel mini rice cakes (110 calories for 13 cakes).
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I usually take a light yogurt and a handful of almonds. :)
  • tstella224
    Options
    Greek yogurt really holds me over until dinner time
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with snacking!

greek yogurt (Chobani vanilla non-fat) with berries
    a couple pieces of dark chocolate
    banana
    almonds
    protein bar
  • jomiley23
    Options
    Cheese and crackers. Cheese usually tastes a little better if you let it warm up a little from the fridge. So it could sit (in a container of course) in your desk from lunch until snack time. If you want to bump up the health quotient a little, each apple slices with the cheese instead. Cheese and fruit go great together. To keep apple slices from turning brown, soak in the fridge overnight in lemon-lime soda (sugar free may work too). Drain, and they'll keep for about two days. And no funky lemon aftertaste like straight lemon juice.