NSV - shouldn't have worn these pants today

Options
erinlea75
erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
They used to sit around the belly button. Now they are barely hanging on to my hips and the bottoms are dragging under my feet. Been wearing them for an hour and I've pulled them up half a dozen times. Highly annoying, but loving it at the same time.

Now the question is, do I take them in or buy a new pair? They're really nice work pants and they have a lot of life left in them (assuming I hem the legs up to get rid of the parts that are getting worn from dragging on the ground). But I also like the idea of no longer having that a label with size 16 on them.

Replies

• DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Take them in, if you can or go to Target or WM and get 2 pairs on their inexpensive pants to get you through until the next drop in weight. Good NSV though!
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    Same exact thing is happening over here to me at work today. i will be taking these slacks in and having them hemmed and the waist taken in. I love these and it's a cheap and easy fix. Don't care much about the label inside.

Good luck and congrats on your NSV!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did that the other week at work too! lol embarrassing as hell but also nice :).

I would take them in if you really like them and they're still good - but also go buy a couple pairs of cheap pants because its nice motivation to see you've gone down a size and can wear a different size pant too :) i'm thinking of going to Old Navy or somewhere cheaper like that and getting some clothes just so i'm comfy
  • sonianic
    sonianic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have found the BEST use of my old clothes - I have given then freely to friends who are also working on their weight. The first purge of my closet contained mainly sizes 18 and 16 - those clothes all went to a coworker. She loves the clothes and she has been using them as inspiration for her. (they were a bit tight on her when she got them) Proud to say - she now fits into all of the clothes I gave her and she literally struts past my desk with a big grin on her face. The second purge of my closet contained all of my size 14 clothes. These went to my friend from college who is smaller than my coworker but again - the clothers were snug or too small for her and she has been using them as inspiration. She is now wearing most of the clothes that I gave her.

Now I just need to find someone that is smaller than me so that I can get some hand me downs!! Anyone have some extra size 10's?? Lol.
  • gwyn48
    gwyn48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know that double edged sword well!

I know that I feel so much better when I am wearing the right size clothes tight to my body. On those days people compliment me all day long on the weight loss. I feel prouder.

However, I don't have enough money to buy new clothes, when the clothes I just bought tight are already loose and I am working hard at losing another 30 lbs in 3 months.

I have taken in some of my work pants, but they are ready to be taken in again.

I have decided that if they are a really nice pair of pants, I will continue to take in, but for every 20 lbs I lose, I am buying a new set of work pants.
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    That is such a great feeling isnt it.

My suggestion, is to box and save them......

2 years ago I lost 60 lbs and got rid of all my "big" size 14-16 clothes because I vowed I would never be big again. but then I got pregnant (on birth controll so it was not planned) and the next thing I knew it was 9 months later and I ended up delivery at the exact same size I was 2 years ago and I have no clothes in my closet that fit me. I will get back down to those size 4-6-8's that are sitting there waiting for me but in the meantime it would be nice to have something other than maternity clothes to wear to the office. I refuse to go buy new 14-16's but I kick myself for giving away all my clothes.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    NSV! I put a pair of pants on today I had bought at Goodwill MONTHS ago that did not fit before. They are size 12 and fit perfectly (and they're Target Brand which I have a hard time fitting into normally because they seem to run small!) I knew my 16-14's were too big, and was guessing I am about a 12 now, I was right :) YAY!

I have, however, hemmed up SEVERAL of my 16-14's over the last few months and just dealt with the bagginess, because when I buy new clothes, I want them to be 10-8's :) Also, safety pins and belts have become my friends...

When I do buy new clothes, these are going to Goodwill. (70% of my work pants come from there anyway).
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know that double edged sword well!

I know that I feel so much better when I am wearing the right size clothes tight to my body. On those days people compliment me all day long on the weight loss. I feel prouder.

However, I don't have enough money to buy new clothes, when the clothes I just bought tight are already loose and I am working hard at losing another 30 lbs in 3 months.

I have taken in some of my work pants, but they are ready to be taken in again.

I have decided that if they are a really nice pair of pants, I will continue to take in, but for every 20 lbs I lose, I am buying a new set of work pants.

Yep, I told myself when I hit 20lbs lost I would do a little mini-splurge shopping trip to get some new pants and stuff. So I'll just have to take these in.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    They used to sit around the belly button. Now they are barely hanging on to my hips and the bottoms are dragging under my feet. Been wearing them for an hour and I've pulled them up half a dozen times. Highly annoying, but loving it at the same time.

Now the question is, do I take them in or buy a new pair? They're really nice work pants and they have a lot of life left in them (assuming I hem the legs up to get rid of the parts that are getting worn from dragging on the ground). But I also like the idea of no longer having that a label with size 16 on them.

Since you have a ways to go, I would take them in, if you can. Don't worry about the label size. No one sees that anyway. Unless you have extra money to blow on clothes, if you can make them last until you are closer to goal weight, you can save some money and go buy a few cute outfits when you hit your goal weight.
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling...it's niiice!! :) It's a wonderful feeling until you forget their TOO big and wear them to work and have to pull them up all day!! LOL I have started looking in thrift stores and I like it a lot. I just bought a pair of nice denim trousers and a top for $10 and I can wear them both for work. Can't beat that!! The one I really like takes in really nice clothes so it's like buying new to me. I def want to get rid of my old clothes, don't want to hang on to them too long. I'm keeping my "favorite" pair of jeans from LB and a sweater that I had on in my "before" picture in December, but that's it. Good Luck and keep it up!! :)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling! Especially when you get to the point where you can take off your pants without unbuttoning or unzipping! All I can say is (and I've been telling everyone at work this today as well) if you have a Kohl's nearby...check out their clearance stuff. I am wearing my new Ralph Lauren pants (that are two sizes smaller than my old pants) that I got for $5.20! Sometimes you can really find a bargain if you are persistent. However, if you really like, sure have them taken in. Also have the tailor take out the tag with the size on it so you don't see the wrong size anymore! :-) Keep up the great work!
  • mrswarrick
    mrswarrick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    do what you want... But I'd rip the label out- it's not a mattress so it's not against the law! :)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling but i love my sewing machine too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!