Who has a Jack Russell???????

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
I have met quite a few people here who has a Jack Russell. Just like to see have many of you are lucky enough to won one.
My Jack russell name is Sammy and the love of my life. He is 4 years old and is slighly overweight.. He is on a diet but so far no luck..

Marie

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Me me me...but of course you knew that. Rayne is one of my three fur kids. In my family extended family there are 7 jacks, 3 chihuahua/chi mixes, 1 lab, 1 dachshund, and 1 feist. We love our pups.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Yay! This is my new favorite thread now!! :laugh: My Jack Russel is Lois (Like Lois Griffin from Family Guy). My husband and I always fight over who she loves more. We keep talking about getting another one but we take Lois everywhere we go, and some people may not appreciate 2 Lois'es. LOL

There. I changed my main pic to my Lolo!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Me me me...but of course you knew that. Rayne is one of my three fur kids. In my family extended family there are 7 jacks, 3 chihuahua/chi mixes, 1 lab, 1 dachshund, and 1 feist. We love our pups.

Hello Maid, I have been seeing your name quite a bit and meant to drop in a say Hello. How do you handle7 JR . Boy Sammy demand all of our attention. Good to hear from you. Marie
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Hello Maid, I have been seeing your name quite a bit and meant to drop in a say Hello. How do you handle7 JR . Boy Sammy demand all of our attention. Good to hear from you. Marie

Christmas was crazy...we only had 5 jacks at the time though...plus the 2 chi's, lab, and doxie. Getting them all to go out and go potty isn't fun though. And this is our normal weekend group...only when the other set of in-laws come down from Nashville, TN do the others get added into the crazy mix.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

Christmas was crazy...we only had 5 jacks at the time though...plus the 2 chi's, lab, and doxie. Getting them all to go out and go potty isn't fun though. And this is our normal weekend group...only when the other set of in-laws come down from Nashville, TN do the others get added into the crazy mix.

That is hilarious. When my sister and I go to my mom's there is 1 Great Dane, 1 Chihuahua, 1 Boxer, 1 Standard Poodle, 1 Pit Bull and 1 Jack Russell. It's pretty crazy!
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    We LOVE our JRT...Jack Russell Terror, lol. General (hubby is ex-army) is our 4th child out of 5 and our only fur baby. He turned 4 last June. General is our 2nd JRT, we lost Sully the March before General was born :(

I would never have another breed! General is so much fun and keeps us laughing. We have a two year old daughter who has been diagnosed with autism and it just amazed me this past summer when they really bonded. She LOVES animals and he is SO gentle with her, especially compared to how he rough houses with the rest of the family. He also listens so well to her, like he knows she'll get upset if he doesn't come when she calls him. Crap, I'm all teary now and I'm at work, lol.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hello General :heart: Glad to know you , Such a touching story. I do believe JR are so gifted with knowlege, Sammy let us know so many things. He don't missed a trick. Loves to go in the car. It gets to go on short runs to the store untill it gets so hot we make him stay home. He doesn't like that.

Welcome General from Sammy:heart::heart:
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I have a Parson Jack Russel! My husband and I love her like she's our child. She's very energetic, of course, which helps keep us active. We take her on runs with us whenever the weather's good. Her name is appropriately "Dash."
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I have a Parson Jack Russel! My husband and I love her like she's our child. She's very energetic, of course, which helps keep us active. We take her on runs with us whenever the weather's good. Her name is appropriately "Dash."

Ours is a Parson too!
  • byHisgrace
    Options

Ours is a Parson too!
    Our Sully was a Parson. Awesome dogs!!!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a Parson Jack named Rocco. We got him when we went to a fundraiser for a local shelter & he was walking around w/an "adopt me" vest on. It was literally love at 1st sight. We got the adoption process going w/in minutes of seeing him (even though he was jumping around like he was a kid with a sugar high!). He turns 2 next month. He lives with us and a rescued beagle & 2 cats in TN. It would take pages & pages of posts to tell you all the reasons that he is the best & why we love him so much! (but I have a feeling ya'll already know!!!)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What is a Parson JR.?
    Marie
  • shilohshepardmom
    Options
    My 81 yr. old Dad does, and shes the boss of the house.And lately shes put on weight,way too many treats.But shes a handfull,very active,good companion,and watch dog
  • leesapeesa
    Options
    I have a jack chi(jack russell chihuahua ) named Lucy. shes my little baby. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    We used to have one... he was insane (and I'm being nice). He was so territorial he would try to attack any dog that walked by the house. Away from home he was fine but at "his" house - he was a holy terror. He would go through screen doors - attach a big German Shepard and get beaten up. Then the Jack would start crying and our big (dumb - sweet) mastiff would wake up from his slumber on the couch, take out the front door in his rescue attempt. He seriously took out two storm doors in a month going to rescue his "little buddy". The mastiff wouldn't hurt a fly but if Spoticus was in trouble he would charge in to rescue him.

Finally it got to the point that we had to give Spoticus to a family that had an 8 foot solid fence in the back yard and no sidewalk out front. Last I heard he was ruling the roost and happy as can be. Our mastiff missed him but I think he didn't miss the 10 pounds of teeth hanging off his lips or ears from "play" time with the jack...

his name was "Spoticus" pronounced Spot -i - kiss he knew no fear!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What is a Parson JR.?
    Marie

A "Parson" is basically the long-legged jacks. I think it became its own breed type in the early 2000's.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

Sammy said Good night to all his new friends. He is napping with my DH in his lap. I am in the computer room watching the Texas and Alabama football game. Love it. Marie
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have a JRT name Phoebe.
    She is the smartest dog on the planet, and the faster than a greyhound. HAHA.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sounds like my Sammy.
    Marie
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Caliecat, I think you're my favorite person on MFP! :heart: Lolo gets to snuggle with her daddy all morning before he goes to school, and then she gets to go play with her 2 lab friends tonight! Have a great day, everyone! :heart: