What's your NSV (non-scale victory) for this week?

Options
I'll start.

My 25 year old daughter came to visit after not seeing me for about 6 months and called me a "health nut" and "fitness finatic".....big change since I lost the 32 lbs!!!:blushing: Hopefully will be an inspiration for her!

Replies

• tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My post in the success story section about my weight loss so far titled NSV- Picture Related. Check it out. It "SHOWS" my NSV!!!:smile:
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Fitting into a size small shirt and some skinny jeans while shopping this weekend :)
  • KsCrafter
    KsCrafter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I actually ran on the tredmill, first time I've ran in a Long long time, and afterwards I felt really good
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    6 weeks ago I went shopping for some clothes that fit better than the "fat clothes" from 20-30 lbs ago and I really liked this one shirt in Maurices, but the XL was too big and the L was too small and ended up buying nothing. This week I went back and tried on several thngs (including the L that was too small top for a second time) and IT FIT perfectly! The scale loss has been minimal lately so it was rewarding to feel that improvement. :)
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Someone at work told me my scrubs are way to big on me. That felt pretty dang good. Especially since I am stuck!!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I wore a shirt to work today that I could not fully button two months ago. Not only was i able to fully button it, it fit. There was no tightness along the buttons when I sat down.
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I so needed this post to remind me the scale sucks, pay no attention to it LOL

Today I bench pressed 80 lbs. I couldn't do 30 10 years ago in high school! I was so surprised! Then on the pec fly machine I used to only do 20. I did 40 today! Then my brother in law snuck and put the weight at 55 and without knowing it, did it! I thought my struggle was fatigue but nope, the weight was higher but I did it!!!!!!!!

So the scale isn't moving but I'm improving!
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    I am in total control of my eating! Today a vendor brought in chocolate chip cookies, and I ate one and stopped! I felt satisfied and didn't want to eat the entire box! In the past, I would have eaten at least 5 or 6 of them!!!
  • lehmann75
    Options
    On any given day, the alarm goes off at 7am and I hit a 10 minute snooze button twice before I drag my lazy butt out of bed. But on Tuesday, my dad was in town and wanted to take me out to dinner, which meant that I wasn't going to be able to fit in my usual evening workout. So on Tuesday I was up at 5:45am so that I could hit a 7am barre class on the way to work. That was NSV #1. Then when I mentioned it to my dad over dinner, he high fived me with a big silly awesome grin. That was NSV #2. :smile:
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    finally being able to zip up my leather jacket comfortably after all these years.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Doing my now typical 2.5 mile run this morning but when completing it, I said, "You know, I think I can go more" and made that a 3.5 mile run. Woot!
  • serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I splurged 2 days in a row, but instead of giving up after that, I got back on track and have been good for 3 days! I had my weigh in and still lost weight. I am very proud of myself.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I went walking with my really good friend last night, and she was like wow, I can really tell you are losing weight! She was jealous :bigsmile: Which is crazy since she weighs like 30 pounds less than me, but still! I am stoked!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    BMI, whether it's a valid measurement or not, is finally in the healthy range.
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    Yesterday some trousers I ordered online came in the post. I previously owned them in XL and I loved them too much to throw them away so when I saw them online in the sale I brought a M and they fit!
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had to adjust the strap on my Heart Rate Monitor because it was too big yesterday :) I was all sorts of HAPPY!
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans which are 2 sizes smaller than my last pair which were too tight when I started! Also, bought a top which I tried on and it fit in a size 22, when I got it home I realised I had bought the 20 in error. Tried that on and it fit too, slightly tight, but wearable.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size Small dress I ordered with intentions of saving it for later in the year, it was snug but it still fit. I started out in an XL dress in January.
  • absolutnonsense
    Options
    Flapping about my boyfriend's house Sunday morning getting ready for work in a hurry (and a bit of a sulk, having been called in on my day off..)

Walked into the living room and his flatmate blurted out
    "Jesus Christ! You're TINY now!"

Somehow, my work sulk evaporated after that...
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Way to go on all your NSVs!!!! All those victories will keep the bounce in your step and motivation high!!

I'm just getting back on track again and challenged myself to do 25 Leslie Sansone WAP Really Big Miles in August. I started August 4th and have five miles down as of this morning with 20 to go by the end of the month! (Secretly I'm gearing for 30, but that would be a bonus!!) I'm not an early morning exercise person but 3 of those 5 miles were BEFORE work! Yay!!

Small victories for me, but..."it's the little things that count!" :flowerforyou: