Post-P90X workout routine?

Options
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are on Day 18 of P90X, and so far we love it. We have the motivation and inspiration to get us through our 5:45 am wake up call in order to get the workouts in before work for the 90 day program, and probably for a few months after that. However, an hour and half a day, 6 days a week is not really sustainable for us, especially in two years, when my husband goes back to his surgery residency and needs to be in super early in the morning, and comes home later.

What do people do for maintenance after P90X, and are there shorter workouts that we could incorporate after that would benefit both our physical maintenance and our schedules?

Thank you!

Replies

• nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You can do p90x 2 or just take a short break and do it again.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    P90X2 and 10 minute trainer.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    P90X one-on-one also
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I think on the DVD or maybe in the printed material that comes with your program it says that to maintain, you can just do the first part of each strength trainind dvd (3 of them). Having a couple of hourly workouts on the other days should not be too bad.
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You could do Ab Ripper X Monday,Wednesday and Friday. Then rotate strenght and cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. This is what my wife and I did this past winter. Good luck!
  • ericaavin
    Options
    Thanks, these are very helpful!