Best cardio

Options
So, I am about to begin level 3 of the 30day shred (YAY!!). Sounds like a lot of people move right on to ‘Ripped in 30’ but I’m thinking I would rather focus more on cardio over the next 30day to lose more lbs and then do Ripped in 30. Any suggestions on the best cardio regiment? i.e Cardio regiments that would yield good results? Thanks.

Replies

• srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba. I burn, on average, 650 caleriesper 45 min Zumba workout according to my HRM. Zumba is great because you are constantly moving and I feel my sides, abs, and lower back getting stonger...losing the muffin top too. When I started MFP in April, I was eating a modified version of Atkins and doing Zumba 4-5 days a week. I lost a pound a week for 2 months. I stopped Zumba to do the 30 Day Shred during the month of June, and in July I've been doing Insanity, but I'm getting back into doing my Zumba DVDs. They are so much fun and I feel so energized when I'm done. Hip Hop Abs are a lot of fun too, but Zumba is #1 in my opinion.
  • KatyKakes6310
    Options
    i always got the best cardio results from interval training on the tredmill. it helped me get back into running too..
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you're liking Jillian Michaels then I'd definitely suggest her kickboxing fast fix dvd. It's actually a lot of fun and definitely burns a lot of calories with a little bit of toning exercises too. Workout 1 is for upper body, 2 is for lower body, and 3 is for abs. They're 20 minutes each so I usually pick 2 to do together.

Or, I also love Jeanette Jenkins bikini bootcamp. The cardio camp section is killer! 28 minutes and it definitely burns a lot of calories. Plus there are other chapters to tone your abs, butt, legs, and arms if you are interested in those.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    turbo fire I burn a ton of calories
  • keconrad6485
    keconrad6485 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, Krav Maga or any type of intense butt-kicking class gets my vote :-)
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, Krav Maga or any type of intense butt-kicking class gets my vote :-)

I second this....it's all about enjoying the class and learning something physical...
    it gets to the point where time flies by and you don't realize that you have been there for 2 hrs..and you are still hungry for more!

I do karate and I end up spending an extra 1/2 hour sparring with some of the other guys afterwards...

Makes all the difference in the world! versus doing a workout video at home...
    remember the brain is a muscle too and it control more than just a single spot of the body!