New Here :)

Options
jniece55
jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
Hello:) I am fairly new to My Fitness Pal (have been logging my calories on and off but haven't been on the threads until this week). I'm ready to get serious and log daily, exercise daily and get the scale moving.......downward!!

I'm not sure how the friend add works as far as motivation but from what I can see in the success stories it def. helps!! If anyone would like to add and offer motivation, tips, suggestions I am ALL for it!!

I've seen some great results on here and am very anxious to stick with this!!

Replies

• jniece55
    Options
    bump
  • Tahneeleiper
    Options
    Im new ish to this too, and like you I have read the great stories of success. be more than willing to add you??
    xx
  • jniece55
    Options
    Okay sounds great. What do people on here do with friends to motivate?
  • Tahneeleiper
    Options
    Erm... I think its just messaging and the blogs when your having a tough day etc... Although I have already noticed that it does help you alot..
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    I am new here too and I have no clue what I am doing :(
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just added you! I find when I see my other MFP friends are posting what they are doing it really motivates me to keep going.
  • Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options
    I pretty much motivate myself but i enjoy motivating others!!
  • Tahneeleiper
    Options
    Dont worry if you havent a clue what your doing... Im pretty much the same...

Its good that you can motivate yourself.. unlucky for me I cant.....
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about a month now and I find just logging all your meals with it is very motivating. Somehow when you know you have to look at a list of what you ate, you tend to be more careful.
  • dosmundos
    Options
    I think the results of others with similar issues are a lot of inspiration.
    Tracking food daily certainly helps a lot, makes you see some of the food different.

I send you a friend request.
  • Tahneeleiper
    Options
    It really does help, I find it surprising how many calories are in certain foods when you wouldnt have thought there was going to be many at all....