Venting

Options
I thank God for MFP. Without the love and support from all of my MFP friends, I would have none.

Just now as my mom and I were discussing the moving of our treadmill from her room to mine - She went completely "hater" on me. She told me she knew I wouldnt walk long on it because I would get bored with it. I love my mom to death. But..this has literally pissed me off to tears. Lord help me.

Thanks again for everyone who has showed me any support or love in any manner. I'm so grateful.

Replies

• Belle84
    Belle84 Posts: 36
    Options
    ignore it! if you want to do it you will!! dont let anyone tell you otherwise...chin up x
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    thanks alot belles :)
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Prove her wrong. Go use the treadmill in HER room for as long as you can as often as you can. Sometimes proving someone else wrong is the best kind of motivation!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Here's something you can do...make her eat her words and walk on it as long as you can each day. She will see that you are succeeding and maybe she will have a better attitude about it :flowerforyou:

Chin up! :smile:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Do all your workouts in her room (while she is trying to sleep). She will soon be begging you to take it. :wink:
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    Lol - Ah Gah...I really should do it in her room.

I know I can do it this too..yes, walking on a treadmill with nothing to look at can get boring..BUT..I would motivate her if she were doing it.

Thanks for all these suggestions guys..ya'll have made my day :flowerforyou:
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree with CrystalT--use your anger and frustration from this confrontation in a positive way and let it drive you to walk even more! We can do this!!
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    RAGE MORE!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Lost & Delirious!! Love that movie!!

Thanks ks2001!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Lol - Ah Gah...I really should do it in her room.

I know I can do it this too..yes, walking on a treadmill with nothing to look at can get boring..BUT..I would motivate her if she were doing it.

Thanks for all these suggestions guys..ya'll have made my day :flowerforyou:

She should've be more supportive, no doubt about it!!! Even if it is your 1,000 time trying to lose weight, that is the one thing you should always be supportive of. (Well, unless someone is under weight!! :laugh:)

And as far a the treadmill being boring, I always listen to music and it is enough to keep me occupied. I know other people who have a TV set up in front of the treadmill so they can watch TV at the same time. But, I will agree that it is pretty boring if you don't have SOMETHING to occupy your brain.
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    That's what I was planning to do..using my laptop to watch a movie or at least listen to some music. I know I can do this. I have more will power and push now, then ever before. You guys really do help, so much. I've been laughed at for suggesting this site before.

"How can people motivate you that you don't even know?"

But, I feel like I do know you guys. I relate to each and every one of you. We're all in the same boat or (for those that have already met their goals) we all know the feeling. I'm absolutely addicted to this site and the wonderful people on it.:smooched: