Same Workout Every Day Question

Options
So, I haven't been working out much - mostly because I haven't had a ton of time (lazy excuse) and I've been enjoying being fat and lazy and not doing anything.

I happen to really enjoy the Turbo Jam 20 minute workout because I can do it in my house, and I know as soon as I start it's going to be difficult, but after 2 weeks incredibly easy for me. When it gets easy does that mean it's not working as well? Should I try to do it twice in a day, like once before work and once after or something? Also, I normally do the modified version so, should I do modified until it's easy and start to work up until I can do it completely unmodified?

I know I should also add weights into my routine but I don't want to do that until I get totally used to Turbo Jam again so I'm not killing myself.

Replies

• mama2mila
    Options
    your body gets used to the same thing, so it won't work as hard. Get a few different videos and rotate them :) Good luck!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I was doing elliptical, treadmill & rowing machine (in varying combinations) every day, but for the love of cheese, it got old fast. When I wanted to start incorporating weights, someone recommended New Rules of Lifting for Women to me, and I love it and haven't looked back since. I still do cardio 2-3x/week on my non-lifting days, but for the first time in my adult life, I am feeling EVERY benefit of exercise that I never got from straight cardio or home workouts. If you love cardio, fine. But if you want to try weights, I can't recommend NROLFW highly enough.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of discussion about the need for muscle confusion. Indeed there are clinical findings that support the idea that your body will adapt to doing the same exercise over and over again and that your gains (or losses) will be harder to come by. It's a good thing to mix up your workouts a bit. Not only for the physical advantages as discussed but also mentally. After a while, what is comfortable becomes monotonous. Find other workouts you enjoy as well and mix them up so that you don't become bored.
  • stephgreene
    Options
    I was doing elliptical, treadmill & rowing machine (in varying combinations) every day, but for the love of cheese, it got old fast. When I wanted to start incorporating weights, someone recommended New Rules of Lifting for Women to me, and I love it and haven't looked back since. I still do cardio 2-3x/week on my non-lifting days, but for the first time in my adult life, I am feeling EVERY benefit of exercise that I never got from straight cardio or home workouts. If you love cardio, fine. But if you want to try weights, I can't recommend NROLFW highly enough.

I actually have that book and haven't read it.. I'll probably start to read it this weekend!