Dropped more than expected : )

Options
I've got to admit all this hard work really has paid off, I started about 2wks ago and really did not want to weigh myself but low and behold I dropped 7lbs. Super proud of myself and would like to thank MFP, for helping me count my calories and keeping track of my exercise. Now very determined to follow thru on hitting my goal weight . :happy:

Replies

• TracyDiva28
    Options
    Congrats!
  • abinoffee
    Options
    Wow, That is great! What did you do? Any tips? I want to lose weight as well :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Take it easy though. Personally I think (just my opinion) that it will go back on as quick as it comes off.
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    good for you. yes any tips? we can always use more tips.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    congrats! keep going!!
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you I remember I was there I felt the same way like ok whatever an app really can't help me but I was pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work hun:happy: :drinker:
  • paytonOMG
    paytonOMG Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Take it easy though. Personally I think (just my opinion) that it will go back on as quick as it comes off.

Not if you change your lifestyle and eating habits! You can do it:)
  • djeff41
    djeff41 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congrats!! Just remember to remain focused. Your body will adjust and the weight may become harder to lose. It is at those times when you really need to keep rock steady in your commitment!!

Good luck!

19105975.png
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Not if you stick with it. It won't happen accidentally. :wink:
  • ChangeupEma
    Options
    Thanks for all the support! As for tips I basically gave up all my caffeine intake and very limited on my sweets (CHOCOLATES) and drinking plenty of H2o. I try not to eat after 7pm and since I am NOT able to go to the gym as much as I would like, when I do go I do 2 classes of cardio ( Body Combat & Cycling) so 2hrs @ 2-3days a week. Sometimes if I have enough time I do an extra 30mins of just Core wrkout
  • beautybeyondmyskin77
    Options
    congrats on the weight lost!!! 7 pounds is a GREAT LOST!!!:happy:
  • l_beakley
    Options
    You're doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!
  • shara99
    shara99 Posts: 34
    Options
    So awesome! I'm at the beginning now and hope to have similar results to motivate myself more. Keep up your good work! Add me as a friend too, if you'd like.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • stefanie1208
    stefanie1208 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think the post about going back on was just wanting to make sure the original poster prepares for the next 2 weeks when it might go back up and to not get discouraged. I too lost 6 lbs my first 2 weeks, then gained 6. Then lost 3, then gained 1 and I was working out, eating right and everything. The issue is water gain, when you first start to exercise your body stores excess water to repair small tears in the muscles that you hadn't used before or to that extent before. Then finally after a good 4-6 weeks it will start to really come off, but then as you hit a plateau, then you add more work outs, eat better, and change up the routine. I do variety of things to not like my body get too used to one activity. :) Good job though,
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You do a good job with your changes.:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!