My work stash- this is what gets me in trouble.

Options
:laugh: I'm holding strong today- 0 eaten!!!!
IMAG3632.jpg

Replies

• ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    woops not sure how to resize- there's 3 boxes :embarassed:
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Hide them! You have done well today!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    LOL

That gets me into trouble in a whole diff way. I cannot eat them, it's horrible. I get horrible gas, icky tummy and basically spend my days in the bathroom. And I'm sad, cause the oats and chocolate bars are literally orgasmic. My hubby has the same issue, but my daughter can eat them.

I don't have issue with fiber in general. After reading the ingredients, we discovered that the bars use Chicory Root as a fiber source, I wonder if that just doesn't agree with me.

But damn...they're soooo good :(
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I used to work for the company that makes those, and that got me into trouble once too.

I ate two of them back to back and almost had to take the afternoon off.

They should really call those things:

"Fiber Number Two".
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    LOL

That gets me into trouble in a whole diff way. I cannot eat them, it's horrible. I get horrible gas, icky tummy and basically spend my days in the bathroom. And I'm sad, cause the oats and chocolate bars are literally orgasmic. My hubby has the same issue, but my daughter can eat them.

I don't have issue with fiber in general. After reading the ingredients, we discovered that the bars use Chicory Root as a fiber source, I wonder if that just doesn't agree with me.

lol yeah- they had me feeling pretty gassy yesterday too- actually the past few days, I was trying to figure out what I had changed and was so upset when I realized it was these...b/c they are HEAVEN in my mouth....so I have to cut them down- bummer.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Hide them! You have done well today!

I did- they're in a drawer :)
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I used to work for the company that makes those, and that got me into trouble once too.

"Fiber Number Two".

"Fiber Number Two" Hilarious!
    I found a blog when I was trying to decide if the Fiber One Bars were healthy. I was rolling on the floor laughing at that guy. His wife gave him one and they were so good he ate two. He was stuck at school taking an exam and couldn't leave. You should go read it, if you can find it.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

"Fiber Number Two".

no issue there for me - but i'm not going to test it. haha
  • foreversunshine1
    foreversunshine1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    They are good! Can't imagine eating two in one day!!! lol Recipe for disaster!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    LOL

I have this exact same problem with all fiber bars/fiber cereal, but not with natural fiber sources (pears, whole wheat breads, etc). WEIRD.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have never had those and after reading ^ reviews I think I will stick with my other work stash items! LOL

Stay strong and don't overdo it.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    hahaha yeah- they sit better with some than others.... I used to have baddddd a bad work stash though- bagssss of chocolate hershey kisses, triscuits (+a bottle of the squirt cheese) among other things- at least these are semi healthy. LOL
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    at least these are semi healthy. LOL

In what way?
    Oh, the marketing says so.

Let's make some chocolate sugar and bread bars and call it "fiber".
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

In what way?

hence the word SEMI... not everyone has to agree- but they are low calorie count, have a good amount of fiber . They're healthier than what I WAS snacking on- whether you agree or not. *shrug*
  • csorenson22
    csorenson22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat those for my snack every day! I stay under all my goals except sugar because I eat a lot of fruit too. But it sounds like everyone is saying they are bad. It's not like I thought they were good for me like veggies, but I don't see what's obscenely wrong with them. Can you help explain?
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I don't think they're bad- I think they're pretty darn healthy actually. Low in calories- sure- the sugar is kinda high, but you could be eating worse.
  • helen0616
    Options
    They take care of the candy bar craving and are way better for you than a Snickers or something... thus, the "healthy" part.

But if those were at my desk, I'd be eating them everyday. I had to stop buying that kind of stuff once I could actually see my sugar consumption on MFP. It was shocking! These don't bother me but my husband... that's a different story. :wink:
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well, they might not be the best snack option, but you could definitely make many, many, many choices that are a whole lot worse.

And as for everyone saying how their body reacts to those things... I don't know what y'all are talking about. I could eat a whole box and a tub of Activia and feel no different.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    @csorenson22, only one person was calling them "unhealthy", and he no doubt eats " very clean". The rest were just saying they have chickory root fiber, and they are called Fiber ONE for a reason. Eat 2 or 3 and the FIBER will make you regret in it the restroom! They are much healthier than most mainstream snacks, I love the brownies myself, but they have a decent amount of sugar, so are not a "health food". That does not mean you cannot indulge though.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

In what way?

\

Did you read the rest of the post? Did you see what she was eating for snacks before? Squirt cheese and Hershey's? She said "semi-healthy," not "wonder food." People who are trying to make a lifestyle change for the better one step at a time, no matter how small a step it may be, don't deserve your snark.