ground turkey recipes

Options

Replies

• snapdoodle1
    Options
    mine is always dry..im learning to add to it..i'd love to make a flavorful meatloaf
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    bump for later. thanks for all the great ideas.
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Make chili !!! :)

Bumpin for more ideas too!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This turkey burger recipe is one of the best I've ever had. Loooove making these:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mexican-inspired-turkey-burgers

I'm drooling just thinking about them.

I make a very similar turkey burger and they're to die for! (I like adding a little more cumin and cheyene for a little kick)

Another good recipie is a turkey and vegetable skillet (http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/turkey-and-vegetables-skillet/Default.aspx) that is ultra easy and delicious.
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Absolutely anything that you would cook with ground beef works with turkey. Turkey burgers and meatloaf require more seasoning. We've used it for tacos, spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs, chili, burgers, stroganoff.....
    Exactly!! Use turkey where ever you usually use hamburger. I like turkey becuase it's not as tough. Havent had hamburg in YEARS!!!
    I make this mexican cassarole that my whole family loves...
    1 lb + lean ground turkey
    as much frozen or canned corn as you want
    1 jar + chunky salsa (any kind)
    add extra veggies like onions, peppers, or even chopped FRESH spinach if you want
    A little taco sauce (any kind) to taste
    SUPER EASY, and delish! great for easy lunches, minus the veggies, NO CARBS!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey goulash....

This sounds delicious, thanks for sharing!
  • benevolent13
    Options
    This sounds really good.

I can usually substitute ground turkey in anything. I just season it really well, and I add a dab of Worcestershire sauce. That usually does the trick. Like you, my best success has been in spaghetti, or any tomato based meal. However, I have made delicious turkey burgers, and chili.

I have been trying to use it in meatloaf, but so far that hasn't worked out. I would really appreciate any suggestions for that.
  • missbrittany23
    missbrittany23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Absolutely anything that you would cook with ground beef works with turkey. Turkey burgers and meatloaf require more seasoning. We've used it for tacos, spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs, chili, burgers, stroganoff.....
    Exactly!! Use turkey where ever you usually use hamburger. I like turkey becuase it's not as tough. Havent had hamburg in YEARS!!!
    I make this mexican cassarole that my whole family loves...
    1 lb + lean ground turkey
    as much frozen or canned corn as you want
    1 jar + chunky salsa (any kind)
    add extra veggies like onions, peppers, or even chopped FRESH spinach if you want
    A little taco sauce (any kind) to taste
    SUPER EASY, and delish! great for easy lunches, minus the veggies, NO CARBS!

im going to try the mexican casserole pretty soon it sounds good :) and i love how simple it is
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-lettuce-wraps-with-shiitake-mushrooms/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

Ingredients
    2 cups water
    2 ounces mai fun (angel hair) rice noodles
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1 (16 ounce) package ground turkey
    6 green onions, chopped
    1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
    4 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger root
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 tablespoon rice vinegar
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
    12 leaves green leaf lettuce

Toppings
    1/2 cup bean sprouts
    1 carrot, grated
    1/2 cup salted peanuts
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
    water

Directions
    1.Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off heat; stir in rice noodles. Cover, and allow noodles to soak until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
    2.Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms in the hot oil until they are browned and softened, about 2 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan. Reserve.
    3.Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan. Cook and stir the turkey in the oil until it is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the green onions, water chestnuts, ginger, and garlic; continue to cook for 1 minute. Mix in the reserved mushrooms, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Simmer briefly to combine the flavors. Take the pan off the heat; stir in the rice vinegar, sesame oil, and orange zest.
    4.To assemble lettuce wraps, place a bit of turkey filling on each lettuce leaf. Top each with cooked noodles, and a sprinkle of bean sprouts, carrots, peanuts, and cilantro. Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 481

Total Fat: 22.4g
    Cholesterol: 84mg
    Sodium: 1284mg
    Total Carbs: 43.5g
    Dietary Fiber: 4.9g
    Protein: 29.9g
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Making these tonight and they are our favorite burgers.
    I use mayo instead of ketchup, but that is just cause I dont like ketchup.
    Cilantro Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Ketchup
    http://search.cookinglight.com/ck-results.html?Ntt=chipotle+turkey+burgers&x=0&y=0
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Try making buffalo turkey burgers with Franks Hot Sauce and 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad dressing mix (the powder stuff).....

Franks Hot Sauce has no calories. The Ranch has 80 calories per package..so spread out over a few servings you have something YUMMY....
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    honestly you can use ground turkey in anything you use ground beef for....

Anything from simple spagetti and meat sauce, to meatloaf, meatballs, turkey burgers, tacos, chili. We have done it this way in my house for so long I dont even notice a difference.
  • shaz1702
    shaz1702 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump for future :)
  • Runner50266
    Options
    anyhthing i use ground meats on I will use ground turkey as a sub. My favorite though is seasoned turkey burgers

YUM!!
  • Jingle603
    Jingle603 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently made a turkey chilli with sweet potatoes and black beans in it that was delicious.

Also, Cooking Light's Meatloaf Muffins are a huge hit in our house as is taco soup.
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Laarb...a Thai dish.

A traditional Thai dish, often eaten in butter lettuce cups. A blend of low-fat ground turkey seasoned with jalapenos, red onion, cilantro, fish sauce and fresh lime juice. Traditionally eaten cold, but I also enjoy it warm from the pan. Good for adding protein to your meal with a flavorful dish. Great for leftovers.

Ingredients:
    Ground Turkey (93% lean)
    Jalapenos (diced)
    Red Onion (diced)
    Cilantro (chopped)
    Lime Juice
    Fish Sauce

Brown 16 oz of Lean ground turkey in a pan (I add a little coconut oil). Add 2 diced jalapenos and red onion and continue to saute until japapeno is softened. While cooking, add 3-4T of fish sauce and 4-5T of fresh lime juice (1 whole lime squeezed). Remove from heat and add 1/2 -3/4 c cilantro. High protein and very flavorful meal.

Fish Sauce is high in sodium...you can test with reduced amounts to lower sodium content.
  • twofarmers
    twofarmers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I brown onion, garlic, in pam, add my ground turkey, bworn. After its all brown, (garlic and onion to taste, even bell pepper, I don't like bp. I add the peeled eggplant to the cooked ground turkey, add 4 or 5 peeled tomatoes, basil salt & pepper and cook until everything is cooked. you can put this over brown rice, rice, spaghetti, or plain. My family enjoys this very much.
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas later. My husband and I love turkey chili!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I use ground turkey in place of beef all the time...this is my family's favorite soup...mine too cuz it's low cal and soooo easy...

20 oz ground turkey browned
    2 bags frozen mixed veggies (corn, carrots, beans, peas)
    1 chopped onion
    2 pounds cubed unpeeled red potatoes
    1 lg jug low sodium V8 juice
    1 small container (maybe 12 oz) chicken broth
    A little garlic, red pepper, black pepper & whatever other spices sound fun

Throw it in the crockpot and cook till potatoes are done.

It's seriously under 100 calories per cup (85 if you keep the taters low) and 3 cups is a ton of food...this is pretty thick and chunky...makes about 4 quarts.