Sit-Up, Squat, & Dip Challenge - CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    How's everyone doing with week one?? I left extra time to complete that one in order to get rest after the initial test and to ease into things, so you don't have to complete week one until next Sunday. However, if you'd like to record results tomorrow, please send me your numbers and I'll start the ranking. If you don't, don't worry; we'll still continue through Sept 15 to get your full 6 weeks in.

This will also be the final cut-off for anyone that hasn't sent any info yet. If I don't get your stats by the end of tomorrow, you'll not be on the list. Right now, thone that have no numbers are: avigneault, chowells78, cynthia_marie, foxyforce, greenbaymichk, jacqueling, janlange, kerripresslee, Kluiver, LatteFix, NaschKatze86, seizethefray, Stefanie7125, Sunshine_Girl, suzysioux, Techdiva34, tomfrnk5, Topsking2010, twinsfan184

I still need initial test results from the following: amandatim2, amydarling201, freew67, Iwillblossom, Minu135, mistybkarma, MrsSamB, pleytem, robinske

Lastly, I'm missing the following measurements:
    amandatim2 - calf and upper arm
    freew67 - hips
    MrsSamB - calf

Now that that's out of the way - I hope everyone has a great weekend enjoying both outdoor and indoor activities. It's a long weekend in most of Canada, so I'm off to the wilderness to soak up some sunshine and fresh air!!
  • amydarling2012
    Options
    I'm sorry, I've been slacking and motivation has been low :/ but here are my initial test results:

Sit-ups-25
    Squats-20
    Dips-20

...I've got a lot of work ahead of me I think!!
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Done for the week!

I started on week 3 for situps and squats so my final numbers will be high. (yes_i_can, is this gonna be an issue that I started on week 3 instead of 1?)

46 for squats, 51 for situps, 13 for dips.

I'll take measurements tomorrow.
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow......yet i already feel behind!
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow......yet i already feel behind!

I know how you feel. I'm trying not to let it get me too bummed that I didn't work on these challenges at all this past week. Finishing a week earlier isn't going to change much, when you think about it. Just means you finish on the 9/08 instead of the 15th.
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Don't worry about the schedule, all. If you finished week 1, great. If you didn't, that's fine - I gave until next week so everyone could ease into it a bit.

If you've already done week 1 or if you started on week 3, you'll still continue until Sept 15. I would recommend just repeating a week along the way if you struggle on it, OR repeating week 6 at the end, OR upping week 6 by 10% or so until Sept 15, depending on your situation.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • kristapennie
    Options
    finished day 1! woo!

I should have read everyone's advice first...next time I'm going to switch up sets so I get more of a rest.
    burn baby burn!!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    this challenge is kicking my butt... I was sore three days after the first official day. Doesn't help they placed me in week 3 I guess... today is day 2. I hope it doesn't screw up my regular workout routine. What other exercises are other people doing along with this? I'd love to know.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Week 1 complete!

Initial : Situps 30 Squats 37 Dips 12
    Week 1 : Situps 34 Squats 25 Dips 27

Loving those dips!
  • TrinaJ11
    Options
    this challenge is kicking my butt... I was sore three days after the first official day. Doesn't help they placed me in week 3 I guess... today is day 2. I hope it doesn't screw up my regular workout routine. What other exercises are other people doing along with this? I'd love to know.

I do my 40 minute cardio routine then jump into the challenge. Starting Sunday however I'm starting a P90X/Insanity hybrid in addition to the challenge. Last week I could barely move my legs lol...but this week I'm finding it to be much better. Be sure to stretch!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I do my 40 minute cardio routine then jump into the challenge. Starting Sunday however I'm starting a P90X/Insanity hybrid in addition to the challenge. Last week I could barely move my legs lol...but this week I'm finding it to be much better. Be sure to stretch!

I workout at Curves 6 days a week for 30 - 40 minutes right after work. I do these first thing in the morning. I'm having to modify the sit-ups this week since I hurt myself last week, but should be back to doing full sit-ups for week 3.
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options

I walk at least once a day for about a mile for about 17-25 minutes depending on if I'm walking alone or not. I usually am a little slower than 18 minutes if I'm on my own and I'm giving myself a good push.

Looking forward to being through week 1 tomorrow. I'm really hating those dips.
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Dips suuuuuck!

Day 2 results: Dips 17, Sit Ups 58, Squats 28

I cycled sets this time - much better!

Thighs are burning today!
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    yes_i_can when we check in Sunday, are we giving you the numbers totaled from all five sets or how many we were able to do consecutively in set 5? just so I know exactly what numbers I'm giving you.

But whoo Week 1 is done!!! Time to celebrate with huge glasses of water.
  • garzapat1005
    garzapat1005 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    can I still join and how many of the reps can we do in how long?
    one min ?
  • TrinaJ11
    Options
    Are we supposed to post updated measurements at the end of each week too? I just took and wrote them down just in case.
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3

Dips 18, Sit Ups 60, Squats 30

Upper Arm 15
    Thigh 26
    Calf 15.75
    Waist 38
    Hips 45
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Hi, all! Don't forget to finish up week 1 by Sunday. Then post or email your current measurements and the number of each exercise you did in the last set of day 3.

Hope everyone is loving the challenge (and getting over the sore muscles)!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Now I am glad I actually wrote down the numbers...

W1D3:
    Situps: 24
    Squats: 34
    Dips: 18
    Push Ups: 15

Measurements:
    Weight: 157.4
    Calf: 14.3"
    Thigh: 22"
    Hip: 38.5"
    Waist: 29"
    Chest: 35"
    Upper Arm: 11.4"
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Here is how I did this week and I'm pleased with the results.

W1D3:
    Situps = 20
    Squats = 13
    Dips = 16

(Starting Measurements)
    Waist = 34.75
    Hip = 41.00
    Thigh = 22.50
    Arm = 13.50
    Calf = 16.00

(Current Measurements)
    Waist = 34.75 (No Change)