Favorite Healthy Snack

Options

Replies

• sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Medium apple sliced with 1 tbsp peanut butter mixed with 2 tbsp low fat plain yogurt for dipping... yumm!
    :smile:
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    A really good alternative to tostitoes is wonton wraps. My sisters and I cut them into triangles, season them with garlic powder and bake them in the oven. 10 wonton wraps is about 120 calories (which makes 20 triangles) compaired to about 260 calories for 12 restaurant style tostitoes!

That is an awesome idea!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Hummus on ANYTHING...
    I've started keeping roasted garlic broccoli handy...mmmm... and filling.
    yogurt
    cheese and vegetable crackers.
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    A good alternative to dip is hummus.....yum. Athenos has some really good flavors.
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Hummus on ANYTHING...
    I've started keeping roasted garlic broccoli handy...mmmm... and filling.
    yogurt
    cheese and vegetable crackers.

HAHAHA! Great minds!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    Edamame with sea salt. I buy the individual frozen packs at Costco and bring them to work. When I get hungry in the afternoon, I pop one in the microwave and it keeps me full for a few hours (99 calories).
  • haleysman
    Options
    turkey jerky is my fav

where do you get that at, couldn't find it in jewel or dominick's by me...i did see it is recommended by the p90x nutrition plan, so i would like to find it
  • sherry155
    Options
    I love roasted redpepper hummus by Athenos with baby carrots!!
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Fresh cherries (expensive little treat)
    oranges/tangerines
    baby carrots
    grape tomatoes
    low fat granola bars
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots-I can eat 20 for around 50 calories. I also love string cheese, homemade dehydrated apples, and homemade beef jerky.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Air popcorn, fruit, cottage cheese, toast, cheese
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    I LOVE roasted red pepper hummus with a few multi-grain tortilla chips!
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    yep, love those! Egg roll wrappers work, too! You can also sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda, and dip in pudding for a sweet treat!
  • InIt2WinIt
    Options
    There are some really good snack ideas here...I would have to say mine is 1/2 c baby carrots w/ 1/4 c hummus...yummy to my tummy...or a cucumber w/ dill dip that is made with fat free mayo & sour cream!!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    lemon dill hummus with pita bread mmmmm
  • mkeilbach
    Options
    What is Edamame? Sounds interesting. My favorite is any fresh veggie or a serving of fiber one. Of course, reading all of these posts now make me HUNGRY!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Currently....
    Wheat Thins by Nabisco

16 crackers feels like a REAL serving....and only 140 cal with 2g fiber.
    Knowing that I'm usually happy with 8
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My favorite is popcorn and its not that bad for you as long as you dont have all the extras on it,, its a good source of fiber too.:tongue:
  • stella_star
    Options
    My favourite is an apple or banana spread with either almond butter or hazelnut butter - i could eat these all day!
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making Kale chips. Take fresh Kale, cut the ends and cut up the remaining leaves and spread
    on baking sheet. Spray with Pam olive oil spray, sprinkle whatever seasonings you like...i use a little salt, pepper,
    garlic and a pinch of hot pepper flakes. Pop in oven @ 350 for about 10 mins. The Kale becomes crispy around
    the edges and tastes sooo good. It's also a nice alternative as a side with a sandwich for lunch. Love all your ideas!!