Does anyone else find it obnoxious when...

Options
You are in the middle of a b!tchin workout and all of a sudden you have to go to the bathroom?

Happend to me yesterday on the treadmill during an awesome workout. :explode:

What do you do during that hellish situation?

Do you stop and lose your momentum or do you deal with it?

I continued and finished my run.

Must be horrible if you are halfway through a marathon.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    FYI: Marathon runners make piddle WHILE they run.

Fact.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You are in the middle of a b!tchin workout and all of a sudden you have to go to the bathroom?

Happend to me yesterday on the treadmill during an awesome workout. :explode:

What do you do during that hellish situation?

Do you stop and lose your momentum or do you deal with it?

I continued and finished my run.

Must be horrible if you are halfway through a marathon.

Google image search marathon, and #2.......

Actually, nevermind, for your sake, don't.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    you always take the Browns to the Super Bowl
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Interesting...

I am definitely going to google that but not at work.

THANK YOU IPHONE! I can skip lunch today!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    always drop the kids off at the pool
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    In all seriousness, I think anybody who has ambitions of running relatively long distances has to learn at one point or another how to get that kind of stuff out of the way BEFORE the run. It's a critical part of the routine!
  • dandaninc
    Options
    In all seriousness, I think anybody who has ambitions of running relatively long distances has to learn at one point or another how to get that kind of stuff out of the way BEFORE the run. It's a critical part of the routine!

I will have to google ways to accomplish this.

I do plan to run distances which is why I am training so hard.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah that is a pain. But if and when duty calls I attend to it.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    too funny that I just found this....normally I would just push through. But, yesterday, there was no holding it. Note to self: during an intense kickbutt work out...do not, let me repeat DO NOT use one of those paper toilet seat protectors when you have to pee!!!! What a mess!!!! It was worse than toilet paper getting stuck to your shoe! lmbo Totally sucked and took me forever to get back in my groove.

For anyone that has tricks on how to "prepare" for long runs...please let me know. I drink a gallon of water every day and I pee way more than I eat...and I eat a lot!! ;)
  • dandaninc
    Options
    too funny that I just found this....normally I would just push through. But, yesterday, there was no holding it. Note to self: during an intense kickbutt work out...do not, let me repeat DO NOT use one of those paper toilet seat protectors when you have to pee!!!! What a mess!!!! It was worse than toilet paper getting stuck to your shoe! lmbo Totally sucked and took me forever to get back in my groove.

For anyone that has tricks on how to "prepare" for long runs...please let me know. I drink a gallon of water every day and I pee way more than I eat...and I eat a lot!! ;)

HAHAHAHA AWESOME!

I'm right there with ya! I want to know what we can do as well.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Not sure if this is what you mean, but for females, while you are urinating, lean forward. It places more pressure on your bladder, which helps empty it better.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've been working on trying to train my body for longer distances. For me the morning must always start with coffee. Even if that means waking up hours early before a race. But sometimes when ya gotta go, you gotta go! I'm waiting for the day when I have to knock on my neighbors door and request to use the head. There's also an outhouse on my running route, so if I can make it there I'm good! :)
  • rok2run
    rok2run Posts: 17
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you mean, but for females, while you are urinating, lean forward. It places more pressure on your bladder, which helps empty it better.
    [/quote]

oh my lord. why has no one ever told me this before?