My sister jan;)

She doesn't think she has any writing ability or maybe it's just she is shy(no, she is not shy, :laugh: scratch that)but I want to introduce you to her and she allowed me to do so:)

I can't tell you how proud I am of my sister. After smoking for many years, she finally gave them up and did it when she realized it was for herself, not anyone else. The fact it has blessed me so much by knowing I will most likely spend a much longer time with her. That is unless one of us gets hit by a bus:laugh:

I had joined MFP back in 2007 I think it was but didn't follow through for long. Then I came back about 55 days ago(a little longer but didn't actually log my foods right away). So then, after hearing so much about MFP my sis wanted to start walking and logging her food. She is working hard to be consistent, as we all do. I am 59 and my sis is 69. We want our older years to be as healthy and enjoyable as possible.

Neither of us has got our calories adjusted perfectly but we both understand it is about a deficit and we have chosen a 20% deficit. We both agree that to lose weight, we need to eat the right foods and enough to lose weight in a healthy manner. Her and I were both brain-washed over the years about "the less you eat the more you lose". This is true, but what are we losing? We questioned it and researched it. We are both maintaining our weight although since I started earlier I did lose 11 lbs. Sis just got started so we are trying to be consistent and if we don't lose we will add calories, not subtract them.

I would love it if you would welcome her and maybe send some encouragement her way on both the exercise/eating right and any folks who have quit smoking as well:)

Her username is jmantone and although I am biased, she is a blast to know:)

Love you sis, deanie:flowerforyou:

PS and here is to all of us older gals who now know there is no age limit on getting healthier and enjoying life!
PSS We are both at 1200, that is why I say we will be adding calories and not going below 1200, just a guideline and a place to start. We are about the same size so our number came out the same on MFP:)

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Jan

I hope you enjoy this site as so many of us do:flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    thanks eve!:) I don't know that she will read this but you can also send her a message at jmantone;) here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jmantone

hugs, denise:drinker:
  • Thanks for the warm welcome Eve. As my sis stated.. I am not much of a writer, but do so appreciate the encouraging posts.