workplace romance

Options

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    About as smart as running with scissors.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband and I worked together when we met 22 years ago. We have been married 20 years. There were no rules against coworkers dating at that job.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I dated my boss' son whom I also worked with. Don't do it. Leads to trouble.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i have flirtationships, it helps the day fly by and gives me an extra reason to get up in the morning. However, im still a very private person so i try to keep them as discreet as possible
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    From previous personal experience....BAD IDEA. BAD
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    NEVER crap where you eat. Period.

If it all goes to hell in a hand basket it is going to make for a very awkward work situation later.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    As someone who has been there it is 100% inappropriate, unprofessional, and frankly looks really bad.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    bad idea. If things go great then great, but I think about the number of men I dated before I settled into hubs and the odds would be against it working out well. And then I think about how those ended and the odds are pretty good that the end is pretty nasty . . . I would not ever ever ever want to work with some of the people I dated. I only advocate the initiation of a workplace romance on the last day of one of the two people's emplyment.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Met my husband at work :D
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I dated my boss' son whom I also worked with. Don't do it. Leads to trouble.

teeheehee
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    Don't get your meat where you get your bread.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    HR Director over here ... Bad question for me :huh:
  • jshort152
    Options
    AGREE!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    If it ends...........it's guaranteed to end badly!
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Never get your Honey where you get your money.

edit for being an id10t
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options

I want this on a shirt.
  • somesuchsayer
    Options
    Well...she stayed over at my place a couple times, I got bored. She wasn't as bored. We still had to see each other at work at least 3 or 4 days a week sometimes 2 if our schedule didn't intersect. Let me just tell you it was awkward...
  • somesuchsayer
    Options

I want this on a shirt.

^Lol me too
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    i have flirtationships, it helps the day fly by and gives me an extra reason to get up in the morning. However, im still a very private person so i try to keep them as discreet as possible

I am totally stealing the phrase "flirtationships" :drinker: :drinker:
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I meet my boyfriend of 3 years at work [he was a cook, I was a waitress] We dated for over 6 months without anyone knowing. By the time people started to find out about us I was switching jobs anyway. He still works there, I do not. We would not have lasted this long if we still both worked there. Way too much drama and other people thinking they can get involved in your relationship.