keeping the hunger at bay...

soon2Btoned
soon2Btoned Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
hi!

i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help keep the hunger away, not feeling hungry and not snacking too much. we all know how snacking can get out of control!

thanks!

Replies

• rfsahae
    rfsahae Posts: 68 Member
    Different people have different methods. For me, it helps to be busy. Evening is the hardest time for me, so I start some interesting project (e.g. sewing, crossword puzzle, etc), or a visit with a friend, or a meeting in the evening. Evenings sometimes I take a shower, or save one snack until 8:30... a good snack like a big stick of celery with 1 T of peanut butter, or a slice of bread with salsa. That plus a hot zero calorie drink and I don't feel like I'm going to bed hungry. Good luck!
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    u could eat quite small protions of food throughout the day to combat hunger and i lost 2lbs as a result and dont forget by excercisin u also distract urself from hunger too good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Hi soon2btoned,

Well I think that eating satisfying things during your meals including protein, good carbohydrates such as yams and brown rice, and LOTS of greens will help you from snacking. I also find that over half the time I find myself craving a snack, I'm not hungry at all. I am either bored, tired, or emotional and need to realize those triggers before snacking on something I don't need. A good strategy is HALT: Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired? Ask yourself this everytime you go to eat..that way you will know what you're feeling and maybe that its not food you're craving but rather a good conversation with an old friend...

Also, let yourself be human!! By restricting anything or too much of something, your body will crave it. I went on the Adkins diet once and it just made my body crave carbs and I went through a few months where I only ate carbs because my body just needed it...or thought it did anyways.

Carry around 100-200 calorie snacks with you, in case a hunger pain hits or if you just want something yummy. Those will help you feel like you're not restricting yourself and you will still lose weight by keeping your calories down.

Good luck!!
  • thanks everyone for your awesome suggestions! i will try them, they make a lot of sense :)

it's so nice to know we're all in this together!
  • rori20
    rori20 Posts: 61 Member
    I like that: H.A.L.T. I'm totally going to go by that.
This discussion has been closed.