Bologna suggestions?

Options
d0gma
d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
I've got 3 go-to sandwiches that I eat 4 days a week for lunch. Tuna, turkey and bologna. The bologna sandwiches are starting to taste a little stale. Here's the current configuration: bread, mayo, lettuce, cheese, mustard, bologna slice, bread. They're starting to taste blah. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can put in that sandwich that might make it taste a bit better?

Replies

• MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it'll help the taste, but I eat bologna sandwhiches from time to time and I put torn spinach and sliced bell peppers on mine sometimes.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You got me there. Dunno other than frying it LOL.
  • priddy_girl
    priddy_girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fry the balogna! (oil in the pan not necessary) Takes it to a whole new level. Toasting your bread is also a nice change.
  • CallMeWifey
    CallMeWifey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lol that's what I was going to say...fry it! Actually, I just throw mine in the microwave! yummy
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Toasting your bread is also a nice change.

I've had fried bologna before, but usually with an egg. Will try it, thank you everyone who suggested that. As for toasting my bread, I always do so. Forgot to mention it in the original post.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Have you tried honey mustard or dijon mustard??
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    fry the bologna and while it is still in the pan put a piece of cheese on top to melt it. very good:happy:
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i just added to data system a bologna salad sanadwich spread from allrecipes.com it is very good.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    When I was little, my Dad used to make bologna sandwhiches in the oven. Bun, bologna, cheese, wrapped in aluminum foil and baked for a few minutes. I haven't had that since I was about 9 years old. Make me want to go pick up some bologna.