Options

Replies

• Buckychick4ever
    Buckychick4ever Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SW: 12/31/09: 152 lbs.
    1/7/2010: 149 lbs
    Goal: 140 lbs by 3/1/09

Just like last week, I think my scale is wrong. My clothes are not fitting like they used to when I was this weight. Of course I'm not in as good of shape right now so that has everything to do with it. But I'm blaming the scale, its just easier :laugh:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Cris, I have 100lbs to lose. I hope its ok to start now. I will do the weigh in next week..I started the new lifestyle on Jan4th

SW (Jan4h) - 255lbs
    Goal weight- 155lbs

I will make sure to update next week! Good luck girls!
    Christy- my story is similar to yours, no one wants to support me because I always get on a big weight loss kick and never stick to it...I need a buddy!

Starting weight 12/31/09: 184.4lbs

1/7/10: ?????- Will weigh in next Thursday!
    1/14/10:
    1/21/10:
    1/28/10:
    2/4/10:
    2/11/10:
    2/18/10:
    2/25/10:
    3/4/10:
    3/11/10:
    3/18/10:
    3/25/10:
    4/1/10:
    4/8/10:
    4/15/10:
    4/22/10:
    4/29/10:

Total lost: -?????
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    December 31st - Starting weight: 130 pounds
    January 7th - 131 pounds

I gained a pound this week. Don't know how. I guess I have to try harder for next week.

Talk soon,

Tanya
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    starting weight :144
    1/7/2010: 144
    boo I had a great exercise week and a HORRIBLE diet week... I need to change something up.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies/gents,

I wanted to say WTG to everyone that has lost weight this week! :drinker:

For those of you who didn't lose or possibly gained weight it's ok.. this is a learning curve.. Don't be discouraged! :flowerforyou: Change your way's this week.. if you ate badly, clean it up.. if you didn't exercise enough, get it in.. if you didn't drink your water, now is the time!! Let's see some great results next week ladies... :flowerforyou: :wink:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I wanted to share some very motivating and interesting information with you guys tonight... I used my HRM that I haven't used in a LONG time in the past few days and it has really been an eye opener... Why you must be thinking, well tonight I did weight training (heavy) and only 20 minutes of HIIT cardio on the elliptical and I burned over 900 calories.. I must say to everyone that you should step up your weight training and so some HIIT cardio sessions to see improvements in your weightloss.. I just thought this would benefit everyone here so I wanted to give my 2 cents.. :bigsmile:
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Starting weight for 2010: 343
    Today: 338

5 pounds lost this week! Woo-HOO!! I did okay with my exercise goal this past week, but I am going to step it up this coming week and aim for an additional 5 minutes each workout. Baby steps :)

I already have the water challenge mastered :) I drink 64 oz. of water @ work (1 8oz glass every hour) so if I add a glass in the morning and another in the evening, I will be golden!

I have to be careful this evening - my office is having our annual holiday party tonight @ Margarita's, so I am planning to have a snack before I go, and I'm not going to linger at the buffet table!

WOW AWESOME JOB!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Good morning all,

Starting weight 12/31/09: 184.4lbs

1/7/10: 181.6lbs :bigsmile:
    1/14/10:
    1/21/10:
    1/28/10:
    2/4/10:
    2/11/10:
    2/18/10:
    2/25/10:
    3/4/10:
    3/11/10:
    3/18/10:
    3/25/10:
    4/1/10:
    4/8/10:
    4/15/10:
    4/22/10:
    4/29/10:

:heart: :heart: Total lost: -3lbs :heart: :heart:

GREAT JOB!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    OKAY so I didn't loose last week. Here is what I am going to try to change next week.
    Still keep my increased workouts
    1) Stop drinking diet soda
    2) No chips and salsa
    3) I was trying to take saleds for lunch but i got way to hungry after my workout... so I am going to try a different lunch that will keep me from getting SO hungry at night.
    4) No candy (usually we don't keep it in the house but we got a ton for christmas, i am giving it away)

Not a lot but I think I can handle it and I think it will help me next week!
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its been an interesting 1st week! I have been trying to really watch what I eat because I am kinda restricted in exercise cause I'm out of work with a back injury :( But I am doing what I can.
    Great job to everyone for the first week! Whether you gained, lost, or stayed the same...we did it!

SW: 158
    CW 1/7: 158 (i'll take same over gained)
    GW: 125

water intake here i come!!!
  • Brandiann
    Options
    OKAY so I didn't loose last week. Here is what I am going to try to change next week.
    2) No chips and salsa
    3) I was trying to take saleds for lunch but i got way to hungry after my workout... so I am going to try a different lunch that will keep me from getting SO hungry at night.
    4) No candy (usually we don't keep it in the house but we got a ton for christmas, i am giving it away)

Sounds like a great start! I would for number 3 have a protein and complex carb to keep you full and give you energy.. after you workout if it's weight training have some protein (i.e.. protein shake, meat, eggs, etc) to help repair your muscles. Hope this helps.. :happy:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey can I join?

7 Jan 158.5

I will try to replace my usual junk food with tea. And I will take it one day at a time. I usually try to achieve the impossible and then gain the weight back. Hopefully this year is going to be a good one.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    2) No chips and salsa

Sounds like a great start! I would for number 3 have a protein and complex carb to keep you full and give you energy.. after you workout if it's weight training have some protein (i.e.. protein shake, meat, eggs, etc) to help repair your muscles. Hope this helps.. :happy:

Thanks :D I actually just started eating a ton of protien....
    This is what I did this week:
    6:00 am Luna Bar (womens protien and fiber bar)
    11:30 am saled, apple
    3:00 workout burning between 300 and 400 calories
    4:00 protien shake
    THEN my problem was I would eat aton with the protien shake because I was TOO starving. I didn't give the protien shake time to fill me up.
    So I think I am going to go this way next week, what do you think?
    6:00 am oatmeal/banana
    11:30 am 1/2 PB sandwich, 1 apple
    on my way to workout: luna bar
    then protien shake...
    I think I may be able to control my hunger better that way?
  • Brandiann
    Options

Thanks :D I actually just started eating a ton of protien....
    This is what I did this week:
    6:00 am Luna Bar (womens protien and fiber bar)
    11:30 am saled, apple
    3:00 workout burning between 300 and 400 calories
    4:00 protien shake
    THEN my problem was I would eat aton with the protien shake because I was TOO starving. I didn't give the protien shake time to fill me up.
    So I think I am going to go this way next week, what do you think?
    6:00 am oatmeal/banana
    11:30 am 1/2 PB sandwich, 1 apple
    on my way to workout: luna bar
    then protien shake...
    I think I may be able to control my hunger better that way?

Try it and see if it works for you, if it doesn't then you will need to adjust... You have to find what works for you... Trial and error my dear!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi all! We've had some great results so far this week! Keep it up everyone!!

12/31- 190 lbs
    1/7- 187 lbs
    3 lb loss this week.

But AF is due any day now, so I'm wondering how much I'll drop next week or the week after once she's unpacked her bags and made herself comfy. I've been drinking tons of water to prevent bloating, but you know how it is...ugh!
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Half the people around me think I have lost enough weight the other half are just sick and tired of my weight loss journey so I am turning to you all.

I congratulate you on the success you have had so far! Way to go. This is your journey. If it is important to you, keep at it. What matters most is how it makes you feel and what your goals are. I hope MFP can add to your support, I know that I am excited about having this support system in place!
  • Davilee
    Davilee Posts: 13
    Options
    LOL :laugh: on the water intake...I will give it a shot, but I drive school bus, and when I'm not doing that I taxi Amish, so It seems I am always on the road. I usually try to get at the very least 6 cups per day. Wish me luck and pray there are bathrooms I can get to quickly while I am on the road :drinker:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Teaopea is curently making a fortume with me. I have been having about 5 cups of tea per day. It's keeping me hydrated and also it keeps my mind off other drinks and food that are not good for me. My husband got me a new kind yesterday. Gotta love him!

I haven't been pushing myself too hard yet which is a good thing for me because everytime I go on a diet I start hardcore and then I quit because it can't be maintained. I'm shotting for 30 minutes light cardio everyday. I do while I watch my favorite shows so that way I don't realise that I am working out.
  • Matterafun
    Options
    LOL :laugh: on the water intake...I will give it a shot, but I drive school bus, and when I'm not doing that I taxi Amish, so It seems I am always on the road. I usually try to get at the very least 6 cups per day. Wish me luck and pray there are bathrooms I can get to quickly while I am on the road :drinker:

That will be a challenge! I have found, however, that after the first several days of getting good water intake, my body adjusts and I don't have to go nearly as often. I have no idea why that is, but maybe that will happen for you, too. Good luck!
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options

That will be a challenge! I have found, however, that after the first several days of getting good water intake, my body adjusts and I don't have to go nearly as often. I have no idea why that is, but maybe that will happen for you, too. Good luck!

I noticed the same thing. I've been really focused on my water intake for abut six months - after a little health scare - and I found that after a few weeks, I didn't have to go every five minutes. Your body gets used to it I guess!
  • christykowen
    Options
    Ok Buddies we are.. What sometimes happens to me is I do not devote enough of my time , energy or resources to making me successful. What I also realize is that my entire family benefits when I am happy and successful. So dont forget to indulge yourself this week. Dont feel guilty exercising, buying some healthy food, and using mental energy on your own slf improvement! Christy