Scale doesnt reflect what i see in the mirror..

Options
Ok, so ive lost 7pounds so far ive been doing this for almost two weeks as in ive been keeping trackfor two weeks, anyways i stepped on the scale this morning and it was the same as it was two weeks ago yet my stomach is visably smaller! My legs are smaller more toned, and my butt and back are as well now i know they say muscle weighs more then fat so this must surely be the case right? However i cant seem to focus on that i see NO progress on a scale and im depressed so i push into my cardio on my rest days!

Sincerely,

SLAVE TO THE SCALE!!

Replies

• LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue. Everyone including myself is noticing my figure changing but I've only lost 6lb!
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If the scale is affecting your mood despite clear visible results, you might want to consider putting it away and using a measuring tape instead for a while. If you are seeing results in inches lost, then forget about the scale for awhile!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why does it matter?

If you look better than you did before why does the number on the scale mean anything?

You need to change your mindset.

Plus it's been 2 weeks, which is nothing. Check again in 2 months, then 2 years. People don't want to hear this but making significant changes to your body takes time, be in it for the long haul.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    A tape measure needs to become your BFF and not the scales. They will stress you and bring you down. I have now come to the opinion I could careless what number is on the scale as long as I like the way my body looks and feel good about how my clothes fit. You and your doctor are the only one who knows what the actual number is.

Good Luck!
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have given my scale a mental break. I still weigh myself but it doesn't count for anything. I can see that my clothes are fitting better and what didn't fit at all 2 months ago is half falling off now. I started 30 day shred and started retaining water, so my scale didn't move for 2 1/2 weeks. Now I've dropped another 3 pounds, but that doesn't matter near as much as my clothes. A friend told me I was shinking and it didn't matter if the scale agrees and that's the truth! don't let it get you down.