Sweating for the dress!

Options
Hello! My name is Erica and I'm getting married next September. I started using myf last year then fell off the wagon. I have recently gotten back on track and am looking forward to achieving my weight loss/ fitness goals (looking amazing and feeling confident in my wedding dress!).

I am trying to live a "clean" lifestyle, eliminating all refined sugar and white flour and staying away from processed foods. I started the 30 Day shred last month and decided to start over again this month. So far I have lost around 10lbs but have recently hit a plateau.

I would love any advice and am very interested in the nutritional side of weight loss.

I started off at 168lbs, am now 156lbs and would love to be around 125lbs, wish me luck!

Replies

• blancaran
    blancaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it, just keep at it
  • AVanCuren09
    AVanCuren09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started wearing a sweat suit during my workouts, and my weight has dropped significantly! Best of luck to you!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    When you say next September, do you mean 2013? Girl, if that's the case, you got time!

I'm getting married May 2013, and fell of the wagon, jumped back on, and am finally back at the measurements I had when I ordered my dress. As they ordered a size smaller (I have a wicked hourglass that makes things difficult), I'm in the same boat as you.

Look into HotPants--they're a line of clothing from Britain, but GroupOn has deals for them all the time. I wear them for every workout and have knocked out tons of cellulite and have lost inches.
  • ericaP2
    ericaP2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yup, September 2013 but I have to go dress shopping sometime between October-December. I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that I will have to buy a dress for my body shape, not the style of dress I actually like. I am a hardcore apple shape, all of my weight is in my stomach and chest. I don't want to have to hide my body!
  • firstsip
    Options
    Then don't! You don't HAVE to buy for your bodyshape, and if you get to work now, you may be surprise at how confident you'll feel in your body within the next two or three months.

What style do you have in mind?
  • ericaP2
    ericaP2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure yet, the less pouffy the better. I would like something more form fitting.
  • firstsip
    Options
    It's a common misconception that you should "hide" your body, even if you're overweight, have weight in problem places, etc. I bet you a form fitting gown will make you look thinner (especially since so many form fitting dresses suck you in anyway!).