Just had my FIRST protein shake ever...

Options
AND IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Why have I not tried these before?!?!

M4-00720-X500.gif

Sorry...I'm just having a breakthrough moment :laugh:

Replies

• Ashantie
    Ashantie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you suppose to take this drink before a workout or something?
  • ENCORRALES21
    ENCORRALES21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    welcome to the wonderful world of the meal replacment shake lol i swear by them
    :flowerforyou:
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It was so good! My husband told me to try it because I don't get nearly enough protein in my diet. I would definitely not mind having one of these bad boys for breakfast everyday :-)
  • rabbit__food
    Options
    Are you suppose to take this drink before a workout or something?

The label says it is good to use pre-workout, post-workout, or any time throughout the day.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    it's just protein...
  • rabbit__food
    Options
    it's just protein...

I've heard so many horror stories though about them tasting AWFUL! I was lied to :laugh:
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That isn't JUST protein... It's Syntha-6, the best tasting sustained release protein EVAR.

Seriously, try Mochaccino.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    it's just protein...

I've heard so many horror stories though about them tasting AWFUL! I was lied to :laugh:

some really do taste awful! You got a good brand xD
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    it's just protein...

There really ARE some awful ones. You got lucky! (or, your husband already tried the awful ones :wink: )
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I do Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey - Milk Chocolate. Blend w/ 8oz of skim milk, tbsp of peanut butter, and a frozen banana. Nom nom nom!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    it's just protein...

Debbie downer.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning for breakfast. I add lots of stuff to it so it's a full meal. Then I often have another one later in the day or after a heavy workout. I certainly believe in them. I only use the isolate as the concentrate bothers my stomach. Protein is excellent in a fruit and veggie smoothie too. And, you can add it to recipes.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Really? They totally remind me of what I used to mix up for my bucket calves when I was younger.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've had my fair share of nasty shakes too, but recently fell in love with Jay Rob protein shakes. Delish!
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That isn't JUST protein... It's Syntha-6, the best tasting sustained release protein EVAR.

I beg to differ
  • rabbit__food
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely have to try adding some pizzazz to my plain chocolate shakes.
  • rabbit__food
    Options
    it's just protein...

some really do taste awful! You got a good brand xD

I'm glad my first experience was a good one then! :-)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The ones I've tried are awful. I find the whey protein so horrid (it has a weird plastic taste). I used to like it, but now it's weird (makes me feel nauseous). I've tried Vega (yuck, but not as horrid as the 2 whey ones I tried). I'm just commenting here to bump this, so I can look into this one and others that have been mentioned. Protein powder is a good way to get some extra protein for me.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    it's just protein...

ITS TRUE...isopure is disgusting but it's lactose free and low in sugar. sigh. the problems that come with being lactose intolerant.
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    the brand I got (jarrow) takes the way chocolate lip gloss smells. ..... which is good, because if it was REALLY GOOD, i'd suck those things down. I mix mine with water, ice and a 15 gr "serving" of flaxseed oil.