Heavy lifting/Crossfit

Options
Hi guys! I'm new here. Senior is high school, been overweight my whole life and I am ready to do something about it. I've been working on it all summer and have lost 5 pounds but I believe I have gained some muscle weight, which is all fine by me.

I was just wondering, is anyone here looking to lift heavy and/or do crossfit? I lift now, and my goal is to have a fitness model physique with a six pack rather than being thin. How about everyone else?

Replies

• rippedcutupabs
    Options
    I lift. I dont lift too heavy though.
  • potentwolf
    Options
    Hello! I am new here myself. I mostly do heavy lifting. I've been branching into different workouts though. I have tried crossfit a few times. I like it because I feel like it disguises cardio with fun workouts. You should know not to tunnel yourself into one thing like I did for a while. If you combine heavy lifting with low weight/high rep workouts you give your muscles no option but to grow!
  • garciaojeda
    Options
    I prefer Crossfit. Joining a Crossfit box will provide you with the right supervision to reach your fitness goals. They measure and record your progress daily, so you can see how you are getting stronger and improving. You will also attain results faster than with lifting alone. Lastly, the community environment of crossfit encourages you to attain your personal best in a very supportive way. In our box, we do a significant amount of olympic style lifting. The entire crossfit program has worked well for me. I started on Feb 2012 weighting 191lbs and now I"m at 175lbs. Last week I deadlifted 250 lbs. Today I jerked 120 lbs. In Feb, I could not even do a single pullup.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I lift as well. I very much prefer the fitness/figure competitor look too!
  • la_faerie
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats! I'm not able to do it quite yet (looking for a job with no prior experience...not working out well), but I am lifting on my own. I will definitely look into it as soon as I am able to though.