Need new coffee creamer

Options
scrapbooklady
scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
I cannot drink my coffee black. I use a fat free vanilla coffee creamer. I started really trying to cut back on my sugar intake this week and 1 cup of coffee is going to cost me 1/2 of my allotted sugars for the day! So, if I have 2 cups of coffee, that's it!

I could buy the sugar free version of creamer but thinking of all the chemicals in there I should probably say bye bye to that stuff and figure out a new way to sweeten my coffee. :-(

Ideas anyone? I woudl assume a sugar substitute is almost as bad as the creamer. I would love to get the vanilla flavor that I am so used to. Help!

Replies

• lizzie1030
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk by Blue Diamond - love it on my oatmeal also. Less calories than skim milk - 0 sugar and more calcium than milk. I love it with the vanilla taste.
  • sissyhager
    Options
    can we have our starbucks coffee if its suger free, (Grande Quad non-fat latte with 3 splenda, 150 cal)
  • scrapbooklady
    scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'll try it for a week and hope I get used to it!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    This is what I do! With a little agave to sweeten it. Or once in a while I get coffee mate naturals. They have a low fat vanilla one. They are all natural and taste pretty good!
    Oh and I put my coffee in my chocolate protein shakes sometimes.
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk by Blue Diamond - love it on my oatmeal also. Less calories than skim milk - 0 sugar and more calcium than milk. I love it with the vanilla taste.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I knew a few people who taught themselves to use honey or agave nectar instead of sugar. You will have to adjust to taste but it is considered a better substitute than white cane sugar.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    truvia and whipping cream.

you could use torani syrup too.

or put vanilla beans in the truvia.
  • emailishare
    Options
    This sounds crazy, but I found this oddly amazing: put your iced coffee in a blender with a frozen banana.

I was just experimenting with different smoothie bases besides milk and oj one day, and tried iced coffee on a whim. To my surprise, I found that the iced coffee didn't need milk or sugar because the blended banana added both sweetness and creaminess.

It may also work without freezing the banana, but for some reason freezing it made the coffee extra creamy.

Uh...remember to peel the banana before you freeze it. ;-)
  • maejake
    maejake Posts: 4
    Options
    Me too i am sugar addict! i used to love creamer but they are full of chemicals. i experimented one I love it now I use it in my morning hot tea for past a month. (I quit black coffee because it gives me queasy stomach)

fill up creamer with almond milk, add little honey- I usually pour honey in to taste possible 1/4 c or less, sprinkle cardamom and cinnamon. shake the creamer container. Lo behold it tastes so good that I officially use it as my homemade creamer!

Next week I will experiment with stevia instead of honey and see what happen. Unless you try it first then let me know.

Enjoy! :smile: :drinker:
  • michelle506
    Options
    I mix in 1/4 scoop of vanilla protein powder or the special k liquid protein shakes. If you experiment with flavors I bet you find one you like!
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was looking at these at the health food store today looked good scroll down to the coffee creamer

http://www.mimiccreme.com/nutrition.html