Women With Children

Options
If you reached your pre-pregnancy weight, how was your body different from before you had kids?

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I put on around 40lbs (plus I was about 15lbs heavier than I thought acceptable prior to getting prego). When I lost weight just through diet I still felt really soft through the middle. However, as I've added in exercise and continued with diet I have continued to lose weight and ton up big time. WIth that said I've found that my body has held up pretty well (save just ever so slightly loser skin in my mid section, stretch marks, and wider hips). Granted, I've only had one child and biology plays a big factor in some of these things. But I think a person can remain hopeful that a body can recover better than most of us think after it's gone under the stress and strain of having a baby.
    Best wishes!
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    After I had my babies, I actually weighed less than I did when I got pregnant. But that was only because I puked my way through both pregnancies. However, after my first baby (C-section) my incision created a flap that no amount of weight loss or ab toning could get rid of. I did have a squishy belly after both children, but with some work it tightened up pretty quickly. Oh, my boobs will never be the same. They're kind of deflated now. Rock in a sock boobs.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    After I had my babies, I actually weighed less than I did when I got pregnant. But that was only because I puked my way through both pregnancies. However, after my first baby (C-section) my incision created a flap that no amount of weight loss or ab toning could get rid of. I did have a squishy belly after both children, but with some work it tightened up pretty quickly. Oh, my boobs will never be the same. They're kind of deflated now. Rock in a sock boobs.

Right now ^this! :sad: I have had 2 c-sections and breastfed both children. It was for their benefit :sad: Okay, okay mourning the loss quietly now.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My belly is much more squishy than I remember! Ditto on the boobs after breastfeeding, but I had no interest in formula feeding.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Options
    stretch marks and loose skin
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    bigger hips, but also 'skinny fat'
  • sglato
    sglato Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Haha... I am in the same boat....
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was a medium pear build before I had babies, and was firm. After having 2 kids and getting back to pre pregnancy weight I am definately more jiggly now, less lean muscle mass than before. I don't have the mommy flap but the skin on my tummy is definately loose and wrinkled, just doesn't hang or anything. I've only had my second baby 7 months ago so I'm also still dealing with ab separation right now. But yes, ditto to the deflated boobs and I had also started to get a deflated booty too, so I did JM Ripped in 30 and I'm currently doing a lifting program. My goal is to "firm up" again and gain lean muscle mass at this point. I want to be toned and strong, but yet still keep my curves (which means, I'm not aiming to get my body fat super low).
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Right now ^this! :sad: I have had 2 c-sections and breastfed both children. It was for their benefit :sad: Okay, okay mourning the loss quietly now.

Yes! Sigh... sadly I'm guessing this is something that will eventually have to be corrected surgically, after getting my body to a healthier weight and IF I feel the need to correct it at that time.
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My stomach is much more fat and jiggly but over all I'm in much better shape. I hope to lose more and tone the stomach up in the process.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i weighed 200 when i found out i was 9 weeks pregnant. that was in november of 2007. on the day of my c-section, i was at 235. doc initially told me i'm allowed to only gain about 15 lbs. whoops. i'm at 198 now. i've been working on cardio only so my belly is still a soft pillow. boobs? yeah, let's not go there. lol.
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is where I was when I got pregnant so I currently weigh less now than I did when I got pregnant . After 2 c-sections I have a roll and a muffin top that will probably never go completely away but it's smaller now. They put a hurtin on the boobs too.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Flabby skin and fat in belly when I was first got to pre-pregnancy weight.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My hips (meaning the actual joints at the sides of my pelvis) stayed wider, and my cup size stayed 2 sizes larger than before. I ended up needing a reduction.
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    " Rock in a sock boobs."

Totally. I'm about at my pre-pregnancy weight now. (155-160). But the weight is distributed differently. I'm bigger in the middle/thighs and smaller up top.

Edited to say: I did have both of mine by C-section, and I went up over 200 for both pregnancies. That's contributing to my larger belly section, as I have that loose/stretched skin with a small apron.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options

Me too! 2 c-sections, flabby around the incissions and now seriously deflated boobs!!!
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Besides the permanently wider hips, my tummy skin is forever loose. Granted, you would never know if you saw me just standing there, but holding a plank or doing any yoga move always reminds me of what my two babies did to me lol
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    " Rock in a sock boobs."

HA! Yes, that and the lower abs that just won't ever be the same after 2 C/S. The kids ask why my boobs are "flat" on top. Because of YOU that's why. Oh well, worth it I guess.
  • LunaDarkside
    LunaDarkside Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've never dipped back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, after 3 kids. I don't expect to, really, because I'm not a "super-celebrity" who can spend two hours a day exercising w/a personal trainer and having healthy meals prepared by a personal chef. BIT I'M NOT BITTER. Okay...I've been doing fairly well though, with keeping fit, except that pouchy thing absolutely refuses to go away. I'm still trying different exercise routines and cutting out certain foods to remedy that, but it's sometimes disheartening. (sigh.) Not sure what else to try...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    www.theshapeofamother.com

An excellent site, if you think you are the only woman on earth whose body looked/felt like a war zone after pregnancy! It's user submissions, brutally honest, and shows the good and bad.