Anyone else possessive over food?

Options
I keep finding myself annoyed and/or irritated that my family members finish off the last of "my food". For example "my" light string cheese..sure I don't mind of they help themselves, but can we not polish of the whole bag?! If you're that hungry eat something more filling or buy your own. I know it's just string cheese or 90 calorie yogurt covered pretzels, or pre packaged imitation crab meat, but I buy them so I can monitor my calorie intAke more easily and they just eat them in excessive amounts. Tell me I'm not crazy!!!!

Replies

• Robinsond61
    Options
    Haha I'm not possessive over my food, but I've been on the other end myself. My old roommate's girlfriend was on weight watchers and she always kept the special string cheeses in the fridge...I couldn't resist & would always get yelled at by her =/ sorry to be on the other end! haha
  • janahc09
    janahc09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel that way sometimes, too. Not so much about my son, because he's not old enough yet to get into the fridge or pantry. But my husband would polish off all of my string cheese if I didn't keep an eye on it. It really aggravates me. We buy the things he wants because he's not interested in eating healthy and we buy the things I want so I can keep on track with losing weight. No matter how much food we buy that he wants, he still gets into mine. Men, lol.
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    i have a small fridge in my room that i keep my personal food in. 3.2 cu ft from walmart. less than a hundred bucks. makes a good nightstand.
  • DeannaPaige1
    DeannaPaige1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can be at times. For Example: When I make Guacamole, I make it light as possible..My boyfriend claims he doesn't want any so I don't buy extra avocado. As I'm eating It he will start wanting some..It gets me so annoyed and I get nasty with him ( I sound so fat lol) He Stops though! He knows It upsets me.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness yes! I just fought with my fiance over this same thing this morning, lol. I buy off the wall things that I think he wont eat. Although we both eat clean, I like to have different things that cost a little much sometimes and since I paid for it, I want it for myself. By the time I want it, its gone! Grrrrrr!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I live alone, so no one eats my food, but I've sometimes had people staying with me for a few days or a few weeks. I like to share my food if I am making a meal to share, but I get possessive over my fruit. I love fruit and I like to have one a day of each type of fruit I have. I'm happy to share, but I get annoyed if people have more than one of a fruit - if they eat three apricots or two bananas, for instance. I like it to be shared equally. Same with fruit juice, actually - I have no more than one glass of fruit juice a day, and I once had a friend staying with me who drank several glasses a day. It drove me crazy - each bottle of fruit juice would be finished in a day, when it would normally take several days.
  • samantha8jean
    samantha8jean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Normally, I encourage healthy eating habits and what not, but I recently have actually thrown a full blown temper tantrum over my little sister eating 5-90 calorie yogurt covered pretzel packs in one sitting!!! That's 450 cAlories, she could have had ice cream for all those calories!!
  • lovemysoldier2010
    Options
    I am the same way and I really don't mind sharing just don't eat the last freaking one. I 'll write out what I'm gonna eat the night before and it throws off my day if I go to get one and its gone. Although with 3 teenagers in the house I'm grateful when there is any food left. lol
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I keep finding myself annoyed and/or irritated that my family members finish off the last of "my food". For example "my" light string cheese..sure I don't mind of they help themselves, but can we not polish of the whole bag?! If you're that hungry eat something more filling or buy your own. I know it's just string cheese or 90 calorie yogurt covered pretzels, or pre packaged imitation crab meat, but I buy them so I can monitor my calorie intAke more easily and they just eat them in excessive amounts. Tell me I'm not crazy!!!!

I am having this SAME issue with my kids lately!! My daughter knows DAMN well that every morning I eat 2 eggs, 2 slices of soy bacon ( used to be 4), and 1/2-1 cup of cottage cheese for breakfast...so why the heck does she eat all but ONE egg and ONE slice of the bacon? Why is she sucking down cottage cheese for her 3rd snack of the afternoon? Today I went to make a salad at lunch and found out that she ate all but like 1.5in of the cucumber I JUST started slicing yesterday :(

I am to the point where I am hiding stuff up on top of the fridge where they can't see it so they don't swipe it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    yes, but it has more to do with compulsive overeating.

i hate cooking something, then people wanting some of it. make your own damnit!
  • abetterjune
    Options
    Leggo my eggo...er... leggo my avocado?
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    Yes!! Not with the foods like fruits or veggies or anything like that, but with my treats, I don't want him to touch because he's not dieting and he can go get the full fat, loaded with calories versions! Then I feel like a jerk, but STILL. The worst was one day when he drank one of my protein shakes that I use for recovery post-strength training because he assumed it was a meal replacement like Slim Fast. 30 minutes later he was eating again! Grr!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I used to be, but once I cut out conventional type processed foods and went low carb/paleo I'm more than happy to share with everyone. My outlook changed from one of "Don't you DARE touch my food" to more of a "Taste how great this is" and I want to share in the food joy with people.

Most people will poo-poo the idea, but personally think it's an addiction response to crappy processed foods. True story.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i have peanut butter hidden all over my room ;D
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No because I don't buy special things for myself. If I did... I'd put them in the minifridge and padlock it.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    2 slices of soy bacon

Why for the love of all that is tasty and good would you ever eat soy bacon?!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    that's my childhood trauma!
    my mother never used to buy me and my brother chocolates and candies (ok...not NEVER. but very rarely, she didn't want us to get fat and ruin our teeth)
    so i used to fight with my brother over everything.
    and now i live by myself and i don't have to share my food, i sometimes still eat like it's the last time in my life.
    and that's why i gained weight.
    and that's why i'm here.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I get that way all the time because I normally buy healthy food for myself and when they finish it off I gotta eat their unhealthy stuff and that just throws my day off :(

what i really hate is when I plan out my meals for the day and when I go to eat nothing is there.
    I'm like if you wanted tuna or quaker oats bar why didnt you take up some more when we went to the supermarket -_-
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I get angry when I have weighed/measured/counting something out, and then someone will come along, "Can I have some?"
    Absolutely not! I need every calorie I can get!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    haha I'm very possessive of food. I don't like anybody else to have the last piece of bacon, ever. If we have chip dip, I HAVE to eat it, because I can't stand anybody else getting to eat chip dip if I don't get any. And I've heard so many moms talk about how they never get to eat because their kids always pick off their plates -- that's never ever happened to me. :laugh: I don't share food. I feel kind of like Joey Tribbiani in that regard. "Joey DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!"

Here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCCzzZVVpIA That's me. :laugh: