Semi-new to MFP, and already loving it!

Options
I decided about 3 weeks ago that I was gonna go on a diet, I go through this stage every few months and usually it will only last me maybe a week and I am usually back into my bad eating habits. I am very surprised to say that this time it has stuck, I have been on a low calorie diet for 3 weeks now and am actually enjoying my new, healthier lifestyle. I have lost a total of 10 pounds so far, and still have several more to go. I look back and can not believe the amount of calories I would take in on a daily basis, I could never do that now. I think before I wasnt really sure of how to diet the right way and wasnt up for trying to keep track of my calories on paper, that just sounded like too much work, but thanks to MFP I can now easily keep track of everything that I eat and drink. I have went from 222 to 212 and have a goal weight of 140. I have been suggesting MFP to everyone I know and I just dont think they realize how amazing this app really is! I cant believe people pay companies to help them lose weight when they could use MFP for free. Well there is my story, and my first post, I look forward to many more in the future :)

Replies

• AlissaFL
    AlissaFL Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing. This is my 2nd day on MFP, but I love it so far. Our weight loss goals are very similar. I hope in 3 weeks I am down 10 lbs..or really any pounds would be good. Glad to hear this program is working for you! Add me as a friend.
  • israelichick
    Options
    wow that is amazing this is my third day and i feel the same as you i ma loving this app there is so much support and ideas here who needs weight watchers :D 10lbs is my dream i am trying to lose 15 and i am hoping to get there in a timely fashion :) good luck and keep up the good work
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I believe tomorrow will be my 60th day. It has gone by quickly and I would never have lost this weight without using MFP to track what I eat. It is a fantastic tool and has really helped me keep on track.
  • Chelle175
    Chelle175 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't been using MFP very long, only since May; but I whole heartedly agree with its usefulness. I don't think I've ever been as conscious of what I eat and drink as I am now. Somehow knowing that I have to write it down really works. Knowing that my friends, and my husband, will see it!!! even more incentive. The friendly competition between my sister and I goes WAY back!

For those new to MFP, let me give you a piece of advice that my sister who has been using MFP for over a year gave me.

Don't be afraid of "no log" days. Have them. Enjoy them. And then the next morning, go right back into your logging everything in.

It makes for a happier life, and ultimately, a healthier one.
  • SweetBee30
    Options
    That's awesome! Tomorrow is my 3rd day on MFP and I love it already! I had lost 21lbs before joining but this past month I really got off track and was having such a hard time getting back on track. Glad I joined, I can already tell this is exactly what I need. =)