Anyone else possessive over food?

Options

Replies

• kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am very possessive about my food these days because I can eat so little, having had gastric bypass surgery. I don't appreciate it when a family member decides to help herself/himself to what little food I have on my plate simply because it might be more interesting than the mountain of food they've piled on their plate.
  • addy1103
    Options
    You are not crazy! I have 3 teenage boys at my house. OMG! If it's not nailed down, it's gone. I have to specifically mark things- mom's diet food. That's the only way I can open the fridge and still see "MY" food in there.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEE!!! I portion out crackers, nuts and chips into wee bags so if i want a snack...i dont over do it. I'll grab one of my wee bags and the bf will help himself to my portion. HEY!! I've weighed that and know exactly how many calories are in it. He tells me he's just helping me by eating some of my calories.
  • samantha8jean
    samantha8jean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    SO IM NOT SO CRAZY AFTER ALL :)
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    MEEEEEEE!!! I portion out crackers, nuts and chips into wee bags so if i want a snack...i dont over do it. I'll grab one of my wee bags and the bf will help himself to my portion. HEY!! I've weighed that and know exactly how many calories are in it. He tells me he's just helping me by eating some of my calories.

Lol!
  • itsrebec
    itsrebec Posts: 38
    Options
    I recently learned that I have a plethora of food intolerances (soy, gluten, and dairy) so I do get angry when my husband or daughter eat MY food. They have a ton of choices... and I don't.

On Sunday, my husband made pancakes with the LAST of the blueberries. Normally, I wouldn't care, but when I make a smoothie and it's just bananas, spinach, and strawberries, I get crabby!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm possessive over a lot of things. I think that having a roommate exasperates it.

Call me crazy, but I know every single time she uses something that is not hers. I am super habitual, probably borderline OCD. I know when she uses something, because I have a very particular way I set it up. For example, I wash the caps off my body wash and shampoos every time I use them. This causes a tiny bit of water to get inside the bottle, which pours out quickly when I go to use the bottle again. If the top has even a speck of soap on it, or the water isn't rushing out, I know she's used my stuff.

I HATE THIS! :mad: It feels dishonest when she uses something that I paid for!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    2 slices of soy bacon

Why for the love of all that is tasty and good would you ever eat soy bacon?!

although I love real bacon, I don't have a gallbladder so the grease makes me ill. AND...I was raised on morningstar farms soy "bacon"
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Oh yes... There are a handful of things that are a bit pricier, but that are my "treats". 2 of my 3 teens don't grasp the concept of moderation - so something that I can have every once in a while (and it'll last a couple weeks or more), they'll polish off in an afternoon. :explode:

They now ask before they eat or drink pretty much anything. :laugh:

I suppose though, that for me it's really a matter of budgeting more than possessiveness... I don't mind sharing - I just don't want to share all but ONE of whatever it is, and don't have the budget to purchase tons of extra/treat foods.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Also...in NZ we have a yeast spread called Marmite...the earthquakes we had destroyed the plant that makes this black gold. I had ONE jar, unopened in my top drawer. You cant buy this stuff ANYWHERE anymore until the plant is back up and running. My flatmates found out about my stash and opened it!! Now I keep it in my locker at work. I HIT THE ROOF!!
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I especially hate when I've weighed/measured/counted out something and my son tries to take some! If he wants some, he is welcome to get off his 15 yr old behind and get his own!
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    I get angry when I have weighed/measured/counting something out, and then someone will come along, "Can I have some?"
    Absolutely not! I need every calorie I can get!
    THIS IS ME LOL
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i have a small fridge in my room that i keep my personal food in. 3.2 cu ft from walmart. less than a hundred bucks. makes a good nightstand.

I've thought of doing the little fridge in my room thing too. It drives me crazy when all my string cheese is gone or all the oranges or when someone eats half of a large yogurt in one sitting. Grrrrrr..... Does that make me possessive??
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    I will share anything I buy, but I agree when you buy stuff for your snacks that are healthy and your husband gets his snacks that are not and they eat their stuff and then dip in yours
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    When I was in college, I got so mad at a roommate eating my organic food. Go buy your own!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I only share some of my food. If it's my fancy food or any of my tea, no way.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Me too, my rule is NEVER eat the last of, and if you eat, tell me so I can prepare.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I carry a gun and no one touches it.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im not obsessive over it with other people... BUT...

If the bag says i can have 15 chips.. dont be giving me no damn broken chips!!!!!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I giggled just over the subject line.
    We have to label our carryout/leftovers and there is threat of dire physical harm if anyone else touches it without permission!