yummy chicken breast ideas??

Options
What are some ideas to make with boneless chicken breast?

Replies

• mightymouse1998
    Options
    lemon pepper chicken bake
  • krs8879
    krs8879 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just made some tonight... cut into smaller pc's, in a pan that you can throw on the grill, a little oliveoil, sliced up sweet onion, and mushrooms, garlic salt and a good dashing of cinnamon.
    cover tight with foil and put on the grill, med-high heat, will almost boil/steam.. open and stir then let steam a little longer. chicken will be white and tender.
    on the other side of the grill i grilled zucchini and eggplant, just sliced up with garlic and a little olive oil
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    What are some ideas to make with boneless chicken breast?

check my profile.. i have a blog & it has lots of recipes on it! =)
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My wife just made some in the crock pot for dinner yesterday. She put some teriyaki marinade in with it & cooked it all day in the marinade. It turns out great! She also uses lemon pepper marinade sometimes as well, they are both very delicious & easy to make. Just make up a veggie & your done:)
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i luv 2 grill my chicken thats one thing i like
    chicken fajitas are good also
    chicken and brown rice
  • kattipoo93
    Options
    I've been experimenting with boneless skinless chicken breasts :3
    Here's a few things I've made and had alot of success with! (and by success, I mean my brother and bf loved it! hehe)

-chicken and rice
    -poppyseed chicken
    -parmesan coated chicken
    -chicken pasta salad
    -chicken enchiladas
  • jejackson1977
    Options
    Love it on the George Foreman. I keep a few packets of different Weber's seasonings around. They have some good ones. Just stick a breast on the grill with chosen seasoning until the juice runs clear. It's easy to over cook. It's SO EASY and they are great to cook a whole pack store them in the fridge and cut them up cold for salad or just a high protein snack.

Also Chicken Fajitas W/black beans and xtreme fiber tortillas or forget the tortillas and put the fajitas over lettuce.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I marinate in lemon juice and garlic cloves and grill. Or terryaki sauce is always good.

A lean slice of deli and sargento reduced fat swiss to mak chicken cordon bleu

Stuff with spinach and laughing cow cheese and bake

Chicken soup/stew

grill,chop and mix with rice veggies and hot sauce

Apple sauce chicken is YUM
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/crockpot-applesauce-chicken-recipe.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/low-fat-chicken-recipes.html

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/tag/chicken/

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2005/04/chicken-turkey-and-turkey-sausage.html
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    slice up your chicken breast a table spoon of olive oil in the fryer drop in the chicken once cooked add PICO DE GALLO I use about half a cup per 8oz chicken stir together and put on flour tortilla with lettuce( very good ) low in sodium and calaries. Easy and tasty.:laugh:
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Steam broccolini and buk choy over thinly slices ginger and garlic.

Serve with Panfried chicken, put ginger and garlic on top of chicken, as well as fresh corriander.

Heat oyster sauce, sauce sauce and water. Drizzle over chicken and vegies

YUM! :-)
  • Jazmyn28
    Jazmyn28 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas :)
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Chicken

3 Chicken Breasts
    2 Carrots, sliced
    1/2 green bell pepper sliced
    5 garlic cloves
    1 tbsp canola oil
    1 can Pineapple Tidbits
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 onion

Cut Chicken into pieces and marinate in pineapple juice. Put oil in frying pan and saute chopped onions and garlic cloves. Toss chicken into frying pan and brown. Add carrots, when cooked add green peppers and pineapple.

Cal 147 Carb 16 Fat 3 Protein 13
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    So glad you asked this because I just made the most delicious recipe the other night. And bonus, it's super easy and barely a mess to clean up!,

4 chicken breasts
    1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. Pre heat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with Pam.
    2. Mix together all ingredients, except the chicken.
    3. Coat chicken breasts with mixture and baked until cooked through.
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has suggested marinating in Italian dressing for a day, then grilling it half way, then put it in a foil pouch, pour in extra marinade stuff and cook until finished. Extremely tender, juicy and to delish.
  • fatima147
    Options
    chicken breasts cooked with spaghetti bolognese.... yum yum
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A meal that I find quick, spaghetti or marinara sauce + a couple chicken breasts, pour over the breasts and bake for an hour. Add a veggie on the side and it's dinner.
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    Love the webber seasonings, eating baked chicken breast with the chicago steak seasoning on it yum
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Teriyaki chicken kabobs with grilled pineapple... Yes please :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm a chicken lover so here is my latest chicken recipe find

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-saltimbocca-recipe/index.html

Chicken Saltimbocca

chicken breast (my pieces after being pounded out ranged from 5-6oz)
    6 thin slices of proscuitto
    1 box of frozen spinach (thawed, drained, and squeezed of excess water) I pretty much used half of that.
    3 tablespoons of olive oil
    1/4 cup of grated parm
    1 14 oz can of chicken broth...low sodium and fat free
    1/4 cup of fat free mozarella (recipe doesn't call for it, but I added it)

Follow the directions from the website. I do want to add...do not add any salt. It's salty enough with the proscuitto and chicken broth. You won't miss it. I added just a little to the sauce and it was like WOW.

If you can't afford proscuitto (it was a little pricy almost $6.00 for like 12 slices). You can skip it. It would taste good without it. I'd probably add in more mozarella in place of it.
  • EddieinPHX
    Options
    I like to take equal parts of ACCENT Flavor enhancer , BLACK PEPPER, GENERIC POULTRY SEASONING, GARLIC POWDER and CHICKEN BULLION POWDER and make a spice rub of it.

I slice the chicken breasts into two thin halves...and lightly coat with the above rub mixture.

I then take the chicken and place them on top of vegetables that I cut into cubes. Be creative and use any combination. Last night I used tomatoes, butternut squash, Leeks and some corn that I cut off of two cobs,

I roast them covered in foil at 475* for 35 minutes or so....sometimes I give the vegetables a ten minute head start .

Awesome.