Hey all, was talked into joining this site, so hi!

Options
My weight has gone up and down allllll my life and it's currently at its peak and I'd love a bit of help from anyone willing to lend it. I'm thinking my mid twenties has my metabolism slowing down and I actually have to watch what I eat and drink now haha.....no bueno!

I'd love to develop a good support system with some positive people.....anyone? :)

Replies

• Tanya5791
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Kuddos to whoever talked you into joining. This is a great support group.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard and good luck on your journey
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place for support. Log everyday and chat with others who are also trying to lose weight and/or live healthy!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best wishes on your journey, who ever talked you into joining is a real friend! Fabulous group of people here! You can add me if you'd like!
  • MissAlyGator
    Options
    Welcome! In no time you will be talking others into joining....
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I'm a newbie too, just joined about an hour ago :) Wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss!!
  • colleenvesperman
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am a middle aged mom of 6 who is finally going to make a permanent change in the way I eat and look at food and most of all be ACCOUNTABLE for my actions whhen it comes to putting food into my mouth. I am also going to learn not to be a stress eater anymore either! I am looking to make friend that are similiar in the same attitudes and who need to lose a ton of pounds in order to live past the age of 60. I am shooting towards losing as close to 250 pounds as possible! So, if you are like me please shoot me a reply because I am looking for emotional support to help me be successful with my goal and I hope to achieve it within 2 years! I am encourage so far with my early success! Glad to be a part of this community! :)

27114714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • colleenvesperman
    Options
    I too was talked into joining this site by a good friend of mine who knows of a banker in town who lost a ton of weight on the program and looks great! I am hoping for the same results since I have alot of health issues because I am very overweigh. I have lost weight before but I have always regained it and then some. This time I cannot fail because my life depends upon it.

And yes, my metabolism did slow down quite a bit once I left my teens and unfortunately it only seems to get harder the older we get - I am in my early 40's right now. In the couple of weeks I have been a member - it will be 2 weeks Monday - I have lost almost 10 pounds by being accountable!
  • colleenvesperman
    Options
    Thank you and the same goes to you!!!
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcome to MFP! you're going to love it I've found such a wealth of incredibly supportive friends on here, and learning so much about exercise and nutrition too. feel free to add me : )
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It is nice to have you here! This is a great place to get yourself on track to a new and healthy lifestyle. Good Luck on your journey.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! :D (anyone!)