Team Fit continued- January

Options

Replies

• abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Oh.....and just wanted to say.....WAY TO GO ARIEL!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

That's an amazing weight loss! I hope to be there one day in the near future!
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Karen! I think you will find this group very supportive! I sure have!

Thursday total: 3 glasses of water, 45 mins yoga.
    When I woke up this morning, my thighs were a little sore from last night's trip to the gym. After doing yoga tonight, I now realize pretty much everything is sore. lol

Related to what Kim said... Getting back into a routine is always a challenge - whether it's an exercise routine or a work routine. I am having a hard time getting up when my alarm goes off. I slept in pretty much every day of Christmas vacation, so now that's all I want to do every day. I looooove sleep!!! And I have only done yoga since Thanksgiving, so going to the gym yesterday made me realize I have some catching up to do!

I'm going to weigh myself every Friday, so tomorrow we'll see how much I've put on in the past 2 months. I don't think it will be too bad, at least I hope not.
  • abbychick
    Options
    Thanks Amm!!

Off to work soon but I'm going to do a 45 min step aerobic DVD when I get home. I did that and 20 min of free weights last evening. I will definitely get my water in today. I'm out of town overnight for a hockey tournament Saturday so hopefully that won't be too much of a challenge for me.

Good luck today everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Top o' the mornin' to ya, team!! :flowerforyou: :glasses:

IT'S FRIDAY!!! The first week back to work is finally over!!! :laugh: :wink: Anige, I know the feeling of loveing sleep! I was the same way over Christmas vacation. I think I got up around 11am every morning! haha :laugh: And this week I've been staying up until 11:30ish and getting up at 6am! I've been so tired pretty much all week! hehe :yawn:

Karen # 2- Hehe hope that doesnt offend you! Its just we have another Karen as well on here (downsizin) :wink: Thanks for the kind words! And I promise you, if you continue doing what you did last night, you will get there in no time! Thats a great workout! :happy: :drinker: Especially for just stating out (well actually I dont know if you are just starting out, but just starting on here :wink: ) but besides that, that is really good! :flowerforyou: Do your kids play hockey? And thanks for the book...... mmmm i am totally having a brain fart right now! i cant think of the word i need to use here. hahaha :laugh: :tongue: thanks for the book (something to the effect of letting me know about it) man my brain isnt working! okay i give up! i'm sure you know what i am talking about! lol :wink: :laugh: -- okay i posted this and saw a miss spelled word so I came to edit it and i remembered the word I needed! RECOMENDATION! hahaha why couldnt i remember that a few mins ago!? Wake up, Ariel!!! hahaha :noway:

Angie- yoga is still doing something. at least you were being active with that. i'm sure when you weigh yourself, you wont see any weight gain. just try to keep up with the gym. and if you dont make it everyday, thats fine, just as long as you go a few days a week. once you start going and getting used to it again, it will be easier for you to go more often. :wink: you'll get there. the holiday's kinda messed us all up! i'm SOO glad they're over with! lol :wink:

Well gang, I guess I should get to work. As you can tell, they took off that stupid internet bloackage crap from my computer at work. THANK GOD! Everytime I went to a webpage I would have to enter a password. It was lame. :tongue: But being able to get on here in the morning and log everything and say hi to you all, works better than me doing it at home for some reason. maybe because i dont care about work? lol :laugh:

yesterday: 65 mins of exercise and 11 glasses of water (i guess I was thirsty) hehe :blushing:
    today: 65 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water

have a great Friday everyone and I will talk to you all soon!!! :glasses: :flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • aabelein
    Options
    BTW- I put some new/old pics up! I put two pics from the New Year's party I had and then I put up two pic's from my sister's wedding in May. I know you can't really see my face or my body that great, but you can totally see the difference!! Go check them out guys!! let me know what you think!!! :happy: :bigsmile: I was super stoked! I cant wait to see how I am 20 pounds from now!!! :love: :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    Options
    also, i take really bad pics so dont laugh at my stupid nose..... its crooked. :blushing: :cry: thats why i always try to take pics from the left side of my face. because my nose bends to the left. :cry: :sad:
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Ariel - love the new pics and yes you can see the difference especially in your face. You are going to meet your goal before you know it

Ariel - great job on beating the clock - one day at a time. Once you get back into that routine you will keep it up. Let the weekends be your sleep days.

Karen - We must have posted at the same time yesterday. Glad you are getting back into it too

Karen2 - congrats on your workout last night. Karen & Ariel can tell you that it is important to eat at least half your workout calories. If you don't you will eventually see a plateau. Your body needs those extra calories to function

Thursday - got in all calories, 20 min workout, all water

Friday - got in 25 min of Turbo Jam Cardio Party before my son woke up. I don't think I can physically wake up any earlier than 5:00 so I need to figure out how to get him to sleep until 6:00.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! :smile:

Ariel - Great pics! I can really tell and I know you are soooo stoked by the results of all your hard work and dedication! Keep it up!

Angie - You're doing great by doing something! Try to stick with it at home or at the gym. It's hard, but just remember how good it felt when you were on track and losing. The holidays are behind us now and warmer weather will be here in no time; shorts, the beach...think of bathingsuit weather and let that be your motivation! :happy:

Karen2 - Like Kim said, you need to atleast eat 1/2 your exercise calories. It sounds like a lot, but small healthy snacks in between will help keep your metabolism going and fuel your body for the exercise you've added. You will feel like you're eating constantly, but Ariel and I both found out the hard way how important eating the ex-cals are!

Kim - Maybe you should try splitting your workouts between morning and night until you can figure out how to get your son to sleep a little longer.

No, Ariel, I haven't had a change to begin the 30 DS video yet. It's been a crazy week getting my son back to school, the homework, shopping for new clothes because he's grown like 3" over the holidays, etc. Anyway, I'll try to get started on it tonight after work. I've heard it's excellent!!!

Everyone have a great day and I'll check back in tomorrow. GOOD LUCK ON THE WEIGH-INS!!! :happy:
  • aabelein
    Options
    thanks guys! its nice not having a double chin anymore!! :laugh: the dress i wore at my sisters wedding was a size 16 and the dress i wore on new years was an 11!!!!!!! i couldn't believe it! :noway: :happy:
  • amm114
    amm114 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ariel - you look fantastic!!! What a difference!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Kim - wow, your son gets up before 6?? That's crazy early!!! I am so not a morning person... not cut out to be a mom either!! Yikes.

Friday total: 5 glasses of water (will probably be 6 before the end of the night) and 45 mins cardio, despite my soreness. And, I forgot to weigh in. Oops! Will do that tomorrow. TGIF!!!
  • abbychick
    Options
    Karen # 2- Hehe hope that doesnt offend you! Its just we have another Karen as well on here (downsizin) :wink: Thanks for the kind words! And I promise you, if you continue doing what you did last night, you will get there in no time! Thats a great workout! :happy: :drinker: Especially for just stating out (well actually I dont know if you are just starting out, but just starting on here :wink: ) but besides that, that is really good! :flowerforyou: Do your kids play hockey? And thanks for the book...... mmmm i am totally having a brain fart right now! i cant think of the word i need to use here. hahaha :laugh: :tongue: thanks for the book (something to the effect of letting me know about it) man my brain isnt working! okay i give up! i'm sure you know what i am talking about! lol :wink: :laugh: -- okay i posted this and saw a miss spelled word so I came to edit it and i remembered the word I needed! RECOMENDATION! hahaha why couldnt i remember that a few mins ago!? Wake up, Ariel!!! hahaha :noway:

LOL!! Of course it doesn't offend me Ariel. I'm sure I've been called worse. :wink: Let me know if you end up reading any of those books.

Today was a tougher day. I logged all my food all day until dinner time and then things kind of fell apart. I ate a bag of low fat popcorn and a handful of crackers on the run while driving my daughter to dance and then have been snacking on 100 cal snack packs ever since. I haven't logged since lunch time so I'm sure I'm a couple hundred calories over by now but too tired to care. I'm up at 4:15 for work and now we're supposed to leave in half an hour for a 10:30 hockey game an hour away and won't be home until 1 AM. Yes Ariel.....my son plays hockey.....he's 16. I didn't manage to fit in any exercise today and the rest of the weekend will be a challenge with this hockey tournament. I'll just do what I can right. :blushing: :blushing:

Ariel....your pics look amazing BTW!!! What a difference!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the advice Kim about the exercise calories. I'll definitely try to start eating some of them. :smile:

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow....it will be a week for me. I'll see how I do. Have a great night!!
  • abbychick
    Options

Friday total: 5 glasses of water (will probably be 6 before the end of the night) and 45 mins cardio, despite my soreness. And, I forgot to weigh in. Oops! Will do that tomorrow. TGIF!!!
    Way to go on the cardio Amm!! (sorry....I don't know your name) :flowerforyou: You get extra flowers for working thru the soreness. :happy: I know that feeling.
  • abbychick
    Options
    Woo hooooooo!!! I weighed in this morning.....one week down on MFP.....down 5.7 lbs!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I guess there really is something to tracking your food and exercising. :wink:

Have a great weekend girls!! :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    Options
    YES!! Way to Go Karen #2!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: thats great!!

i was bad last night and i ate two pieces of pizza from domino's. :frown: and i only got in 45 mins of exercise.
    i'm going to exercise with my sister soon so i'm glad i'm going to do it today. i gotta get better self control!!!:grumble: well gotta run! talk to you guys soon!!
  • aabelein
    Options
    Hi team! just wanted to share that today was weigh in day and i lost 3 pounds!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :tongue: :happy: :smile: going to have breakfast with my boyfriends parents and grand parents. gotta run!!! :glasses:
  • aabelein
    Options
    morning team! :glasses:

just wanted to log in for the morning and say hi. :smile:

today: 65 mins of exercise and 8 glasses of water

i can't believe i'm 1 pound from my first original goal and now i am only 15 pounds from my goal now! :bigsmile: once i lose these last 15, i might want to lose another 10, so we will see! :wink: gotta get to work now though!! talk to you guys soon!!

btw- i hope lmr9 gets on soon! shes been gone a while!
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Ariel - you are doing amazing. Way to go - you are a motivation

Karen2 - I feel for you with those long days. But a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do. Try to take a little time for yourself, that is what I am trying to do from the beginning of my son's life (only 18 months) but I see how my mom didn't take the time and now she is paying for it

Karen - I know that you can do this. You have done so well and have supported all of us, so I am cheering for you.

Angie - you are doing great with the workouts. And you never know - if motherhood happens upon you - you will be able to do what you never thought was possible

So for me:

I did not exercise this weekend, but I normally take the weekend off so I am ok with that. I didn't eat too bad, but Ariel my we had Domino's too. My husband saw the new commerical and I was too tired to cook after moving around furniture all day so I gave in. It wasn't too bad on flavor but I don't know if I would cave again. I did drink all of my water both days

Monday morning
    Down .5 pounds 135.5
    35 min workout - Chalean extreme Lean Phase 1 - weights

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Check in tomorrow.
  • DownSizin
    DownSizin Posts: 150
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    K#2.....CONGRATS on an amazing FIRST WEEK WEIGHT LOSS!!! 5lbs is awesome!!! I know you're so excited and this really motivates you! Obviously, the hockey tourny didn't hurt you any! I know about trying to eat healthy and get in healthy snacks while on the run. My 12 yr old is in karate and we go to tournys on the weekends and classes 4 nights a week! I take Special K nutrition bars, ziplock bags of almonds, cranberries, blueberrys and other healthy snacks. There are vendors at the tournaments, but it's junk food, so I pack healthy since it's an all day event. I make myself walk up and down the bleachers several times and drink only water. You're right - logging the cals and exercise helps keep you focused!! Congratulations!!! Amazing job! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Ariel - OMG, Another 3 pounds!!!! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy: :smile: :bigsmile: You are such an inspiration! I know your family is so proud of you and we are so proud of you! You look absolutely amazing!!! WAY TO GO!!! :bigsmile:

We had a funeral and visitation of an elderly dear friend this weekend. The funeral was Saturday at 10am and we didn't get home until after 4:30pm. ALOT of sitting. I ate healthy at lunch, but could not resist a very small piece of coconut cream pie. Afterwards, I was mentally exhausted and didn't get any exercise in. Football took up most of Sunday afternoon & evening. I did get in 30 minutes of exercise. It felt great!

Tonight I'm starting the 30 day Shred. I know I've said that before, but I have the DVD loaded and ready to go! I watched it and did part of it last night and I'm ready to start! Wish me luck!!! :tongue:
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!!! I'm finally back! I've been slow to return after the holidays, but I absoutely MUST get back in the swing of things. Karen and Ariel, thank you so much for messaging me - I needed the extra nudge. I've been thinking about you guys, and also thinking about how scared I am to get back on the scale. The last time I weighed in was exactly one month ago today. I'm going to brave the scale again soon! :flowerforyou:
  • aabelein
    Options
    Lisa is back! :glasses: :bigsmile: Dont worry, we were all scared of the scale the last few weeks!! haha :laugh: just take it easy getting back into your routine and in no time at all, you will be back to where you were. :flowerforyou: and i was thinking too, maybe the body needed that rest? who knows!? :wink:

and thanks Kim and Karen!! :flowerforyou:

be strong today and the rest of the week, everyone! :glasses: let's kick some butt!! :drinker: :glasses: