Why do I stay full FOREVER??

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'll get right to the point. I have been trying to fit in all of my meals, but I'm never hungry after breakfast...;/ Today I had a typical spanish breakfast eggs and beans and some coffee oh and two slices of wheat bread toast. My portions were regular and I stayed within my calories that I allow for breakfast. I didn't get hungry again until 4pm ?! Sup with that?! Is it because my metabolism is soooo slow? Should I eat anyway? Was it the toast? The beans maybe? My schedule I have set is breakfast at 9am, lunch at 12, mid day snack at 2:30, dinner at 5:30 and late snack at 7:30 (like a yogurt or something).

Oh......wait this may be TMI ;/, but in case anyone is wondering......I use the restroom just fine.

What could it be?

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    So just eat when you're hungry? Sounds like you're having a pretty big breakfast (and I mean that in a good way). Breakfast SHOULD be the biggest meal of the day and it should keep you full for a long time. For me, I'll eat at 7 and be hungry again at 12. That's just a couple hours less than you.
    Also, coffee probably makes you less hungry. It's a good filling breakfast so it makes sense. No point in eating if you don't feel hungry ... I'd say just snack a bit on something healthy during the day and drink water.
  • cariitasway
    cariitasway Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks....maybe I shouldn't have ate the toast lol! Yeah, that's what I've been doing just eating when I'm hungry but I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong seeing as it was 7 hrs later :/
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating when you are hungry. ME? I have to eat something in the middle of the afternoon or I risk my blood sugar dipping dangerously low. But you don't have that problem. :)
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I just eat when I'm hungry, I noticed before I started dieting I always used to drink soda and eat snacks. Now that I only drink water and eat healthy things it's like I never noticed how much what you eat makes a difference. If I still drank soda I would deff meet my calorie intake or even go over.. But since I dnt it cuts major calories out of my diet. Like everyone else I just eat when I'm hungry ;)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Protein makes you feel full longer and there is quite a lot of protein in your breakfast.

Maybe it would be better just to have small and healthy snacks in between though, so your digestive system doesn't slow down.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh, man. Your breakfast made me hungry. Haha!
    Yeah, I agree with what everyone here is saying. I'm the opposite, I'm never hungry in the morning so I eat a banana with coffee. But about 3 hours later I'm hungry enough to shank someone. :laugh:

If it works for you, it works! Patterns help you stick with weight loss!
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am so envious of you :) I'm hungry every couple of hours.. protein seems to make me even hungrier, oddly enough.