Something nobody knows about you........

Options

Replies

• jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I watched jaws when I was 7 years old. Not only did I never go in the ocean again, but I was terrified of my pool, shower drain and unfortunately the toilet. It took me years to not watch the drain constantly when showering. And then SNL did the "land shark" skit....
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I can't use the same piece of silverware on different items of food in the same meal. I used to use 3 forks in one meal. If I can't, I have to wipe them off. I just can't stand it.

I would go so far as to say I have OCD, but when my life feels out of control, I have to organize something. My house is very organized because of the events of this year. I've spent hours and about 300 dollars getting it right, and I'm still not done.

I thought of another - when I ride an elevator, I have to hit the buttons. I always move to the panel to try to hit the button. If I don't do it, I can manage, but on elevators that go high, I like to hit the button.

I have an irrational fear I will have a child and not love it and in turn be a horrible parent.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i write
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have serious skills that most people think a girl shouldn't have. So dumb of them.

I can fix cars.
    I am a stone mason.
    I tore down an old garage and moved it to my house to build a chicken coop-all by myself.
    I can lift heavier things than my husband can.
    I like using a chain saw.
  • kooshajan
    kooshajan Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can line 15ish peas in a perfect line from the back of my throat to the tip of my tounge and hold them there for several minutes.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am uber shy at work, and have like 3 crushes and I can't even look them in the eye. Why is that weird? Because with other people I don't shut up, and I interrupt people ALL the time... Trying to get better at that. So that's something no one knows about me - I can be super, embarrassingly mute around people I like. Sigh.

So naturally I want all crushes gone ASAP. This would be a great insert of a Rage Comic Pic like,

"WHY MUST YOU BE SO SEXYY" FFFF.

I have no idea where people get those pictures.. Lol. Funny stuff though.
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    I hate mechanical pencils
  • jaycgibbs
    Options
    I have a deep fear of revolving doors...
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have super sensitive ears- sensitive to sounds and temperature.

One of the main reasons I wanted to move from our old house was so I didn't have to hear the neighbor dogs anymore. If there is a fart fan on downstairs when I go to bed, I can't sleep until I turn it off because the rumble drives me bonkers! Same with a drippy faucet or a humming computer or fridge.
    I could go on and on-seriously.

Also, I strongly hate the misuse of too, to, two and your, you're.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    When I'm asleep on the couch, I fold my hands in the creepy way people are posed in their caskets at the funeral home.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I am horrified by centipedes.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have anything that at least someone doesn't know about me, but one of the things that most people don't know about me is that I have an aesthetic relationship with food. If it looks unappetizing I can't eat it. Another thing is that I can't eat white food. Except ice cream.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'm terrified that i will jump off my bed and snap my ankle.
    my bed is in the middle of my room, so i jump on and off to get from one side to the other..
    so paranoid i will break my ankle one day.. but it doesn't stop me from jumping.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of leaving the closet door open in the bedroom when I go to bed.... I completely blame it on my brothers... they rigged our bedroom door so they could open and close it from their beds (I'm the youngest of five boys)

HA! I have this same exact issue! I used to put all my "scary" toys in the closet when I was little and duct tape the doors shut. I still have a weird issue with bedroom closets lol.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I was in 8th grade I broke my wrist and snapped the tendons in my arm.... pushing my little sister in a hammock.....
    Had to have a full arm cast for months to heal the bone, and then had surgery for the tendons, and another full cast....
    Took about the entire year.

Also broke my ankle on a Moon Bounce Castle when I was a kid....
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I was struck by lightning, but the secret part is that it tickled. but it was also painful... very painful.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was trampled by thousands of women in Africa and pulled out of my clothes in order to save me. (3 cans of tear gas were thrown into a building housing a convention with 6,000 women.)
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I HATE elevators. It's not a claustrophobia thing, but I cannot stand to go in an elevator. If I am in one, I'm so anxious I hardly care about being polite and letting others on/off first. :I I need to get out
  • Mrstlovely
    Options
    i have a very over-active imagination..seriously if i watch movies like clash of the titans, xena, hercules or something i swear up and down these things will pop up or something..things that didnt scare me when i was little..well know they do..wow go figure..hmmph
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm shy.. thats obvious when you meet me.. but it's because I don't know what to say to people I don't know, not because I'm afraid to say it...

I am a very open person.. several things my husband(and those around me) gets very upset about I really cannot understand and have to remind myself that's not okay to most people.. It really makes me wonder if something is wrong with me sometimes because things that most people seem appalled at I never have considered it an issue..

I cannot stay mad at ANYONE for any reason...

I have a very difficult time accepting if someone doesnt like me.. I feel like everyone *should* and does... Along with that I also find myself thinking I should be recognized for even minor accomplishments and have a very hard time accepting someone I feel like did less than me recieving that recognition... but when I get recognized I often feel like I don't deserve it and I'm lying to everyone by accepting the recognition...

'Justice' is a HUGE issue for me.. If I feel wronged or see someone getting wronged It will replay over in my head for months to years unless I can do something about it.. This includes strangers being excessively rude for no other reason than they're having a bad day and taking it out on me.

(I'm a bit of a private person, don't make friends easily... and while I would imagine most people see me as a 'new age/hippie' type attitude[after they get past realizing I'm not stuck up I'm just shy]... these are why.. I've never explained them to anyone before bc no one has ever asked..)