Long term losers.. how did you keep motivated?

Options
Hi,
The topic says it all.
I've been losing for 12 months now and only a third of the way there. I've averaged about 0.4kilos a week( 0.8 pound).
I have lost 21.5 kilos but over the last few months I have been really struggling to keep motivated and focused.
I feel better, look better and am much healthier and over some really big health scares so the motivation is waning a lot.
I've noticed I'm not as upset with a gain here or there now because I know it comes off again. I eat a lot better than a year ago but still not completely clean as they say. Having said that I can see my diary going backwards rapidly to past eating habits. Really scary.
I used to hate having a red number on my diary, now it doesn't seem to phase me much.
I want to be like I was a year ago, as I don't want to stay at this weight. I'm still in the morbidly obese range.
Help, any advice?
What do you long termers do to stay focused.
I can't afford a gym membership but I walk, have a elliptical ( which I struggle to use).
I'm not giving up but need to regroup somehow.
What did you do?

Replies

• Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know it can be very hard to keep everything in balance. Don't think of this as a diet. Think of this as a lifestyle change to better your future., Just keep on your walking and monitoring what you eat. Your doing well and may I suggest if you have cable to maybe see if they have exercise routines you can use. Sometimes they have a fitness channel that you can use or tape and use when you want to.

Your doing great from what I see. 21 Kg lost that is superb! Dont' be harsh on yourself and you've done great in a year. 21kg is 46.2 lbs which is almost 1 lb a week. Which is great. Slow and steady wins the race. Your alot better off than you were this time last year. Congratz to you :)
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jenny. Great idea, I have a couple of ideas. Time to really mix it up now I think.