What's your NSV (non-scale victory) for this week?

Options

Replies

• ChastinMiller
    Options
    I've always had chubby fingers and never liked them because of that. On Wednesday I realized that they've slimmed down!

A couple years ago when I was trying to figure out my bra size... the information that I found told me that I didn't need to wear one. Perhaps my rib cage was to large for my bust. I would always buy any bra at that point that seemed to "fit". Today I measured myself again and got an actual size. I went to the store to try one on even though I was highly doubting that the size I was given was correct. It fit amazingly well. I'm still excited!

I also bought scrub tops in a smaller size today. :D
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Buying a medium running vest yesterday and it actually fitting perfectly
  • littlejobo120
    littlejobo120 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well mine was that when I went out to the shops last night I was crossing the road and there were a few people on the pavement in front of a shop. Having been in this fitness/health path for so long and constantly thinking about how my body should look I appraise most people that walk past to see how their body compares to mine. Anyway, I got to the pavement and looked up and thought, hmm... that girl has a pretty good body... nicely in proportion, not too big, not too small - then I realised it was ME in the reflection of the floor-length shop window!

I smiled from there all the way home! XX
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    This could be seen as a little to much! but my NSV of this week was to attend to a friend's farewell party. Thats not the NSV, the NSV was that the, believe me, sexiest girl in the party tried to flirt with me all the night, thats the NSV when in the same party you have a handful of other nice guys, good jobs, pilots, etc... and no, a party is not a place to discover the inner side of anybody, so people there hunt by your image!
    The true true NSV is that I paid attention to her, of course, but didnt even try to be "receptive"...
    NSV for me! haha!
    Pretencious..i know it..
  • Bealach_Bug
    Options
    Inspirational thread, fantastic NSVs

Me, well Tuesday, balanced on two swiss balls (hands on one, knees on the other) managed to deadlift 50kg on Wednesday, Thursday got through a kettlebell circuit class without feeling like I would die. Finally feeling like I'm getting fit

Have a great Friday everyone.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Getting my fat *kitten* into the swimming pool!
  • Bynnais
    Bynnais Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day. This morning I:

1. Finally saw enough of a difference between my 'before' and 'nearly there' pics to put them into a profile pic.

2. Tried on almost everything in my wardrobe to find something to wear to work and realised it is ALL too big for me. Time to go shopping again........
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Had my reassessment with my personal trainer from June 21st until August 7th I lost a total of 9 inches. In my waist alone I lost 4.5 and my hips 1.75 ;-) Lost .5% Body Fat
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Went into the local corner shop and the owner said, "Hey what happened to the double chin?"
  • Njenva
    Njenva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was selected to participate in the 'Curvy and Fit' celebration video for my country! :-) They taped my workouts and interviewed me! Woohoo. I am curvy and fit, working towards being less curvy and more fit!
  • lippy1727
    Options
    Have recently been doing the girly version of the plank and last night at boot camp managed 45 secs in the proper position :-)
  • sawadoll
    sawadoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Being able to run at 15 on the treadmill. I was running at 8.5 at the beginning of the year :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Purchasing - and fitting into! - my first ever slim-fitting-no-holds-barred Little Black Dress. My first, at age 27 :)
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    Buying Size 14 (UK Sizing) jeans and not knowing whether or not they'll fit, and having them fit like a glove.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Mine is having one notch left on my belt. When I lose another 10 lbs. i hope to fill the last one.
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I was out walking the other day, a guy looked at me as he drove past. I glanced back, and he'd stuck his head out the window and smiled. I am taking it as a positive, as that's never happened to me before.

:blushing:
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i sent a photo of myself in the gown that i will be wearing to my bro's wedding in a month to a friend of mine (who hasn't seen me in 3 months) and before even commenting on the dress she couldn't stop talking about how small i looked!

validation from other people is so gratifying, especially since it's hard for me to see the weight loss myself!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Running my first half-marathon. Before the start of the race a guy said to me "this is your FIRST half marathon?!? Did you even READ the web site?" (He meant this: "Riley's Rumble is the evil half that your mother warned you about. Don't be seduced by the lush bucolic countryside of rural Montgomery County. This race will challenge the best runners. If you want the 3 H's (hills, heat, and humidity), this is the race for you. It is a good workout if you're preparing for a fall marathon but Riley's is not a good idea for your first half marathon.") "Yes I did, and no I can't do the one in September because it is the day after tough mudder." This guy, who is 5 years younger than I am, and has been running 6 years, finished in 2:06:41. I finished in 2:07:05. Take THAT, young runner dude! This is definitely one of the top nsv's of the year for me, not just for the week. :-)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This week was two things actually. I went on a boat and wasn't ashamed to take my shirt off and I had bought 3 shirts a few months back that were too small but now they fit perfectly.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    LAst night I stepped on the scale and realized I had lost 2 lbs. I had not worked out since Monday and so I didnt believe it and got back on.
    Sure enough 2 lbs down. Guess all those veggies I ate this week paid off.
    I love the small things in life.