Anyone here from Devon, UK?

Options
Hi, is there anyone here from Devon, UK? I would like some local friends on here with a view to maybe starting a local support network, maybe meeting up for runs/exercise etc.

Replies

• mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    me!! plymouth!!
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    im from taunton xx
  • boxelboy
    boxelboy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im from plymouth
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    Me! I'm from Totnes :) born and bred. Feel free to add.I need more Devonshire friends!
  • WTBSE
    WTBSE Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm just over theTamar Bridge, i live in Cornwall.
    Feel free to add me!
    Would be great to get together with some real life MFP buddies and go for runs (once i get fitter!!).
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Cornwall, just over the Tamar bridge. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    I think I have noww friend requested all of you. I think local weight-loss friends are a must in this game!
  • lisamlc
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    Would be great to get together with some real life MFP buddies and go for runs (once i get fitter!!).

There's a weekly 5k run at Killerton that I would like to start going to eventually. I am currently doing the C25K training so hope to be able to do 5K in about 10 weeks :)
  • WTBSE
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

There's a weekly 5k run at Killerton that I would like to start going to eventually. I am currently doing the C25K training so hope to be able to do 5K in about 10 weeks :)

I didnt know that!
    I have just started the C25K as well, and tend to do it at either Colliford lake, or at Siblyback lake near St Cleer. Its so pretty :)
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I want to try running Siblyback, I've just started running but I think I could do it. It's about 2 miles all round isn't it?
  • lisamlc
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I didnt know that!
    I have just started the C25K as well, and tend to do it at either Colliford lake, or at Siblyback lake near St Cleer. Its so pretty :)

Info on Killerton here: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/killerton/

At the moment I am just running on my treadmill but as my fitness icreases will move outside :) Your runs sound lovely.
  • WTBSE
    Options
    Its 3 miles. The car park is very expensive though (P&D) so park your car further up on the big grassy area for free :)

Its really pretty!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm in Plymouth at the moment - off to Somerset soon though...
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i set up a group for us as there seems to be a few people on here!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7688-devon-and-cornwall-uk
  • Pixiemite
    Pixiemite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm 42, married with 2 kids and 2 stepkids. Living in East Devon, but originally from Berkshire. I've been attending Slimming World for 4 weeks. I've just started this app. I'm disabled due to a chronic hip problem, so I struggle to do much exercise. Looking to make new friends for support and encouragement.
    Best Wishes,
    Nicky