What are some of you non-weight goals?

Options
Libb3C
Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
I am nearing a normal BMI range (less than 2 lbs!!). I would love to move deeper in to that range but would like to also have some non-weight goals. I am having a DEXA scan on Monday and am planning a body fat % goal also in the normal range. I feel great and no meds so those are goals already accomplished. What are some other types of goals you have set for yourself?

Replies

• xxpipsxx
    xxpipsxx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    To finally feel comfortable in jeans again. Way back when, when I was a healthy weight they were all I ever wore, but for 2 years now I have only worn skirts and dresses to try and hide my thighs as all my weight seems to want to go there :(
  • Libb3C
    Options
    I hear you! I am so glad to be comfortable in most anything at this point, except a bikini - that will never happen after 2 csections unless I win the lottery (that I don't play) and have plastics!
    To finally feel comfortable in jeans again. Way back when, when I was a healthy weight they were all I ever wore, but for 2 years now I have only worn skirts and dresses to try and hide my thighs as all my weight seems to want to go there :(
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    To be able to complete Zombie Run in September in under an hour :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Eliminate jiggly bits that shouldn't jiggle.

The weight and BMI is unimportant to me.
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ditto the jeans goal! I haven't worn jeans of years--would love to be able to go in a store and pick a few out where one fits! I have a lot of cute dresses in my closet that I wore a few years ago and would love to wear again. One motivator for me is to hang a fav dress or suit in plain view where I see it everyday and get into it eventually! I also want to go off meds---Lipitor for one. Keep my good stats for cardiac health. A few weeks ago my doc said my HDL (good chol.) was excellent---62, LDL was very low (bad cholesterol) low triglycerides----these 3 stats are a result of me watching my diet and exercising consistently! She did not lecture me about my weight but rather encouraged me to think more about maintaining my cardiac health. So many people are just focused on losing weight. You could be thin but have lousy cardiac health and the reverse.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am a bit of a fashion geek and I am always bummed out that certain clothes just don't look right or fit right on me. I want to be able to wear those clothes.

I would also like to be fit enough to run up a couple of flights of stairs, without falling to the ground panting like crazy ;).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Run a 5k
    wear size 16 again
    bench press 250 again

For my husband to not have to scootch my belly... :tongue:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My goal was never weight oriented. I wanted to get back into a specific pair of jeans I used to love when my husband and I were dating. Ultimate goal is to remain healthy as I age without medication but, as you mentioned, that was more of a "keep up the good work" goal.

I've been in maintenance for over a year now but I just told my husband last night I wanted to start setting new goals to make sure I don't get off track with exercise (always my downfall!). My new goal is to do pushups. I've never been able to do more than 5 regular pushups (I do a lot of modified now). My new goal is 20 by October.
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    To be able to run in public in a sports bra!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    complete a half marathon. :) starting training for that next week!
  • DeLiRi0uS2010
    Options
    My Goals:

1.Be out of the Obese BMI range (about 2 pts. to go on this intermediate goal, and then I will press on through to Healthy range)
    2. Run a 5k
    3. Wear LARGE size clothing (started at some 3x and mostly 2x clothing)
    4. Be able to be comfortable when going swimming for the first time in my life :-)
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options

For my husband to not have to scootch my belly... :tongue:

I don't think I ever want to know what this means.

Anyway..... my goal was a half marathon. Did that in March.
    Goal was to climb Mount Washington. Did that last month.
    My current goal is full Marathon in October.
    Then back to body building!!
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    Zip lining... preferably in a jungle :-)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Run a 5K (I've signed up for the Run for the Cure Sept. 30)
    Definitely eliminate the jiggly bits.
    Eliminate the muffin top: I'm 40 lbs lighter than when my last baby was born (I had actually gotten down to 50 lbs lighter...but some crept back on), but I still have a fricking muffin top.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    - Many running time and qualification goals (qualify for Boston and NYC Marathons)
    - To be able to hold a side plank on each side for 5 minutes
    - To be able to do 10 consecutive pull-ups
    - To be able to do 50 consecutive push-ups
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    to be able to wear what i WANT, and not just what FITS!
  • Libb3C
    Options
    again for me that will require plastics! I have mom belly. LOL
    Eliminate jiggly bits that shouldn't jiggle.

The weight and BMI is unimportant to me.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Zip lining... preferably in a jungle :-)

I want to do this as well!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that I want to get back into. I felt really good in the past when I wore those jeans. :)
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable enough with my body image to wear a bathing suit with no skirt. :) Or at least get down to a small ruffle. I've never been one that can just wear whatever even when there is others at the pool that do and probably shouldn't. Kudos to them for the confidence.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!