Starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow 05-08-12 - friends?

Options

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Last time I did the dvd, I did ALL of those side lunges with the eye-level raises, but MAN, my arms were burning. Today I couldn't do them all. My arms were still sore.
  • meadowsnb
    meadowsnb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I alternate my days with jogging ( 3.17miles) and do Jillian Micheals 6-week abs, witht he 30 day shred. Hope that helps. No one was specific, on whether they wanted us to do it everyday .
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just done my first day. I feel so proud of myself - like I have just climbed a mountain or something :-D
  • Vemapris
    Vemapris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies (I don't see any men on here)! Keep it up. Just finished Day 4 - gotta keep going!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements last night. I should have done it before I started the program, but I couldn't find my measuring tape. I do not think I can rely solely on the number on the scale to determine my progress. There had been countless times when it said I gained 3 pounds, only to lose them again the following week and then some.
  • MoonIite
    Options
    I'm going to forgo todays workout and make it my rest day. It's not always good to work the same muscle groups every day. I will avoid overworking them by alternating my days with light cardio. I just have to find one that I like. Leslie Sansone WATP is becoming a chore to do since the pacing is too slow for my liking. I don’t break a sweat doing her workouts anymore.
  • KWhite2008
    KWhite2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred on Wednesday August 8. I am a stay at home Mom of 4. I have an almost 4year old and 2year old triplets. They all think its great to sit on the couch and watch me do it in the morning while they are patiently waiting for their breakfast. I have started it before but for one reason or another or maybe it's one excuse or another I stopped. I am really hoping to stick to it this time. However, I finished Level 1 Day 2 today and I am SOOOO sore....like can hardley sit down sore!! I am hoping that I am going to feel OK in the morning to get through Day 3. Feel free to add me.

PS....I added it as Circuit Training under the Cardio tab.

Katie
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feel free to adding me todays day 4 of 30DS for meee :D
  • Vemapris
    Vemapris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 today...and I just realized I'm not sore at all today...wth? Was sore every other day...hmm...hope that's a good sign. :) Welcome to those who just started as well!
  • MoonIite
    Options
    @ Vemapris

I was sore on day 3 to 5 and then the soreness started to diminish. I see it as a good sign since being sore allover is hardly any fun. It’ll probably start again when I proceed to Level 2 and I'm not looking forward to it!
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just done Day 3 - felt stiff starting but OK now! See how I am later - it's when I go up and down stairs I really notice how sore bits of me are :-)
  • RASLA1
    RASLA1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am on day 10, I have been doing a rotation of level 1,2,& 3. I would consider myself fit but flabby. Now at day 10 I am more on the fit side, especially upper body. Here is some raw truth, I feel like this is the first time I have consistently exercised and not lost my chest. Not sure why but usually at this point I am starting to worry about that issue. I have not lost a pound, but my legs are bigger, my shoulders are looking strong and I am starting to get some cut in my arms. I run and do other stuff all the time this is just a step up, but it is working.
  • country_blood14
    country_blood14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me. I took wendseday off because the arches of my feet hurt so bad. I cant wait to get new shoes. I might try barefoot today, as some have advised, but I have all hardwood floors, dont know how that will work. But anything has to feel better than these crappy shoes. My arms and theighs are a little sore, but my feet actually hurt!
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I did 3 days so far :) I'm on Day 4, but I might make this a rest day. Idunno. Feel free to add<3

For a little inspiration- Yesterday, after only 3 days, I noticed my armpit area getting toned already and also from drinking 8 cups a day for the same amount of time My hands got thinner and I lost 2 inches on my waist :) I can't wait for day 30!
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    Today will be day 4 for me. I took wendseday off because the arches of my feet hurt so bad. I cant wait to get new shoes. I might try barefoot today, as some have advised, but I have all hardwood floors, dont know how that will work. But anything has to feel better than these crappy shoes. My arms and theighs are a little sore, but my feet actually hurt!

>_< I did the 1st day barefoot and it gave my calves cramps soooo bad I had to stop in my tracks and cringe and wait for it to go away before I can walk, do jumping jacks, or do the butt kick things. was bad u.u;
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm on day 11, going to start Level 2 later this afternoon. I just tried to order Body Revolution so I can start that in September. Unfortunately, because I'm not in the US or Canada I couldn't order it. My heart broke.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I made it through 3 days, then took 2 days of rest. I didn't need it, but mum keeps making plans for me :laugh:
    Going back to try it again today, but I'm calling it Day 3 again.

And I can't believe it, but I miss the whole "so sore I think I'm dying" feeling that you have after a good workout
  • RASLA1
    RASLA1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Finished day 11, I am going on a cruise tomorrow (I know poor me!) Taking the old ball and chain Jillian with me. I have made it this far and I will keep it going, I think just being able to do it for 30 days will be a real accomplishment. Today I did level 2 which I have been rotating the three workout to avoid the boredom. Workout 2 was easier today, I use 8lb weights so I rarely make it through all the way but today I was really close. I am having a bit of leg pain on the knee, so I do some modifying, I think it is just repetition causing the soreness. Best of luck to all next week!
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    Startign level 2 tomorrow, on day 10... i'm scared for that pain to return from day 2/3 but excited for some results :)
  • spazz_face
    Options
    I'm starting today (13/08) add me anyone who wants to have a support network going through this, it is my first time trying it but I watched level one in its entirety today and It is fairly intimidating for me... Add me and we can do this together! :)