THOSE MEDDLING KIDS.....

Options
CountryBoy65
CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
I live in a neighborhood....its pretty nice...and I have a large, private, high fenced back yard. Bordering on the back of my property is a little neighborhood park. Kids come to the park to play baseball, kickball, whatever out there. The problem...they keep hitting, kicking, or throwing their balls, frisbees, whatever over my fence and into my back yard. They then climb over my fence and thru my "garden" to get their stuff.....then back thru my crops to climb back over the fence. I have put up no trespassing signs and asked several of them to stop, but every day I come back home and find that they have been tramping thru my plants and mashing stuff and killing stuff in my garden. So here is my solution. I have installed a high-voltage electrical cattle fence wire on the inside of my fence. I have attached the charger to a motion sensor....so when the kids climb into the yard, the current is off...but everytime they walk back up to the fence, they trip the beam and activate the current...thus getting a shock when they try to climb back over......I am thinking that I can just keep them confined in my locked back yard until I can get home and call the cops. What do you think......good idea, right???

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh lord. I'm actually with you on this one, but be prepared for many a pissed off parent.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I think you should set up a few booby traps as well...
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Could you also set up a trip wire to set off a barrage of poisonous darts? I think it's important to have some kind of back up system.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I live in a neighborhood....its pretty nice...and I have a large, private, high fenced back yard. Bordering on the back of my property is a little neighborhood park. Kids come to the park to play baseball, kickball, whatever out there. The problem...they keep hitting, kicking, or throwing their balls, frisbees, whatever over my fence and into my back yard. They then climb over my fence and thru my "garden" to get their stuff.....then back thru my crops to climb back over the fence. I have put up no trespassing signs and asked several of them to stop, but every day I come back home and find that they have been tramping thru my plants and mashing stuff and killing stuff in my garden. So here is my solution. I have installed a high-voltage electrical cattle fence wire on the inside of my fence. I have attached the charger to a motion sensor....so when the kids climb into the yard, the current is off...but everytime they walk back up to the fence, they trip the beam and activate the current...thus getting a shock when they try to climb back over......I am thinking that I can just keep them confined in my locked back yard until I can get home and call the cops. What do you think......good idea, right???

I like it! What about barbed wire and a Rottweiler?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

or the thing from The SandlLot.
    sandlot01.jpg
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

I second this. I was actually going to recommend just getting a dog. But you can't feed the dog. That way, he's hungry for flesh.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure this is borderlining on kidnapping.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

but they were trespassing!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure that the wire goes around your house too or they will just break your windows and trample through your house too. You should have that Barney I love you, you love me song blaring on that trip wire too. Some PsyOPs is always good...
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

No, cause no one forced their sorry little meddling *kitten* to climb the fence in the first place.....
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

but they were trespassing!
    ^^^^^^

Not his fault if they get trapped. He did say he asked them several times. And he put up signs.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure that the wire goes around your house too or they will just break your windows and trample through your house too. You should have that Barney I love you, you love me song blaring on that trip wire too. Some PsyOPs is always good...

That's some good thinking!

And yes to the flesh eating dogs too - I hear that kids love animals!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have you actually told the parents to tell them to stop? I hope so. Past that, uh, I wish you luck in securing your yard.

Darn kids.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I would have gone with simple razor wire to keep them out, but that wouldn't detain them. Your solution is simple and elegant.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If I was one of the kids.
    I would throw a buddy against the wire and after it shorts out.
    Climb over his body and go tell on him for being in your backyard.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    how about just a tiger pit moat on the inside of your fence?
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

Good thinking Cliff...but if a cow can't short it out, one of these little pissants won't be be able to either......
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love it. But it sounds like you might just wind up as a guest of the county, depending on where you live. We personally have six dogs; mastiffs and bulldogs. You may want to check before you set booby traps though.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Survival of the fittest at its finest.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Dennis the Menace anyone...