Where's the MFP crunchy mama/daddy tribe???

Options
DaysFlyBy
DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
Am I the only hardcore ”crunchy” (or weird depending on who reads this lol) mama around here? Where my cloth diaperin', baby wearin', BFing, BLWing, ECing, EBFing, home birthing, etc etc people at?? Anyone??

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    I admire you for your dedication...lol
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    DaFa.....
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    OMFG I'm alone.

...wait, does that make me the proverbial ”special little snowflake” then?

(shut up lol)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    took me a minute to figure that out...

I left cali ouch. 17 years ago!
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    My son is 19 months and I haven't even thought about potty training him or anything and its probably too late to start doing EC or something like that. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do...its my first child so don't judge me! lol
  • Sji19109
    Sji19109 Posts: 13
    Options
    I cloth diaper and baby wear u are not alone!
  • charitas32
    Options
    you're not alone, though not so much babywearing now , at 2 and 4 . Have you read "My Mother Wears Combat Boots" excellent . My 4 year old has never asked for anything off an advert since he asked why we don't buy growing up milk for his brother and I explained in great detail about marketing ploys and advertisers trying to get around ethics codes
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    Oh yay! I knew there had to be at least a few others around here! Sji and we're already friends! What's in your fluffy stash mama? I've run the gamut but my BG love still tops the list. Charitas yes it's the way they use every shady, selfish tactic they can to violate the WHO code that angers me and what that means to the poor babies/toddlers whose parents are deceived by it all so a massive corporation can turn a profit. No care at all for the actual population in some of these places where clean water isn't a given and money is scarce. Just angers me to no end. I haven't read that book, I'll check it out, thanks! And hippie I'm not judging lol I didn't EC much, just kind of here and there so I'm not sure I accomplished much doing it that way lol. And first babies teach you a lot, no worries we've all been there. (hugs)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am a crunchy mama. But my kids are now 23, 17, and 14.

kinda hard to babywear a teenager LOL
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Word. Except mine are pretty grown up now. 11, 6 and 4. My 4 year old pretty much still co sleeps with me though. That's about the last remaining crunchy thing I have left and it's on the way out.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mama yet but when I am I will be! My sister is as crunchy as she can get. (Still working on a few things to get he husband on board with) I to will have to work on getting my husband on board I think the Cloth diapers will be a HUGE stretch for him but he will learn. (He comes from a very typical Canadian/American let use disposable and convenient everything with high fatty and low movement lifestyle.) But he is coming around!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, but my daughters are 9 and 4, so I'm out of a lot of it now. We still don't own a television, though! :)
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    I am a crunchy mama. But my kids are now 23, 17, and 14.

kinda hard to babywear a teenager LOL

Ha! It's hard to wear my 2 yo lol, I think that window has closed for us too at this point. :')
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I baby wear and am into attachment parenting, but we use sposies and formula (I have my reasons, ) and make my own baby food. Not all out crunchy but I'm learning :)
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    Word. Except mine are pretty grown up now. 11, 6 and 4. My 4 year old pretty much still co sleeps with me though. That's about the last remaining crunchy thing I have left and it's on the way out.

Sad, but not at the same time huh? It's nice to reclaim your own sleeping space, for about a week, then it dawns on you that the nights of fluffy headed cozy snuggles are a thing of the past and your heart breaks a bit. Or mine does anyway, I'm a total sap over my babies though lol.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    No judgement on the movement, but I HATE the word crunchy!
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    I'm not a mama yet but when I am I will be! My sister is as crunchy as she can get. (Still working on a few things to get he husband on board with) I to will have to work on getting my husband on board I think the Cloth diapers will be a HUGE stretch for him but he will learn. (He comes from a very typical Canadian/American let use disposable and convenient everything with high fatty and low movement lifestyle.) But he is coming around!

Good for you! That determination will serve you well. Cloth diapers are so cute and squishy soft, so easy to care for and so much cheaper once you get your stash built up. Plus you can sell anything you try but don't like or don't want or after your lo potty learns and recoup a lot of your cost that way. Check out diaperswappers(dot)com you can learn a ton on the forums there and be ahead of the game by the time you have your very own little belly bean sprouting. I'm a rabid Bum Genius fan, their One Size diapers have taken my youngest from birth to present (2.5 yo) and we've never even gone beyond the middle rise setting and they still look fantastic. Acccck I could talk diapers all day lol. Let me know if you have any questions, I've tried almost every one of the popular brands and several of the lesser known. Be glad to help. ^_^
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    I'm with you, but my daughters are 9 and 4, so I'm out of a lot of it now. We still don't own a television, though! :)

We own an old TV but only for watching movies. No cable. No reception. Been television-free for 7 years now. :)
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I breastfed for a year, wanted to cloth diaper but didn't, and I wore my baby lol (mostly because I could breastfeed anywhere like that lol)
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    I baby wear and am into attachment parenting, but we use sposies and formula (I have my reasons, ) and make my own baby food. Not all out crunchy but I'm learning :)

We're all learning! I've been a mama for 18 years and I'm STILL learning! You're doing great! AP isn't easy, I commend you, your baby is blessed to have you. :)