House guests

Options

Replies

• CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Offering your 90-year old grandparents a tent to sleep in the backyard?! Please tell me you are joking...

I agree with the other recommendations about offering them your room and you take the air mattress in the playroom.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I would offer my room but I can't sleep on air mattresses.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Give them your bedroom, and set up an air mattress for you to sleep on in the spare room. Just tell them you want them to be comfortable, and don't take 'no' for an answer.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I would need to see the room to make a proper assesment...

:wink:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You invited them to come..or they just said we are coming, can we stay? If it is the latter...I say f@chem...let them get their own place. Or you and the S/O could take the playroom and make sure to get to banging early before the oldies go to sleep, and maybe the noise and vibrations will drive them away. Or maybe, the noise and vibrations will turn them on...in which case you might wanna put some rubber mattress liners on your regular bed where they will be sleeping. Old people sex and incontinence are not a good match.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Offering your 90-year old grandparents a tent to sleep in the backyard?! Please tell me you are joking...

I agree with the other recommendations about offering them your room and you take the air mattress in the playroom.

They used to tell me stories when I was little about how they would have to sleep on the dirt floors so I figured an air mattress was a few steps up.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    This is why we have a dungeon in the basement hidden away. Plus, every room is a "playground"! :drinker:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    My grand parents are about 90 and I don't even want to think of them using that room. Plus that is gross. Old people do not have sex.

If they're 90 then they definitely shouldn't be sleeping outside in a tent!!! Tell them the room is under construction and offer to help out with a hotel.
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    Did I just read that correctly? You're considering letting your elderly grandparents sleep outside, while you sleep inside of your house? :huh:
    If I were in this situation, I would lock the door to the play room, give my grandparents our room and we would sleep on the couches...or on the air mattress.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I say let'em sleep outside. In a tent. You said they slept on dirt floors, whats the different. Or pawn them off on someone else....
  • bberg0521
    bberg0521 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So you guys sleep on the air mattress and let the grand parents have your room. REALLY!! Old people need the respect and a soft bed or they'll be cranky forever!!

I agree. I would give them your room. its only for a weekend.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options

^^^^This.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Let them use the room...just remind Grandma to put her teeth back in, after the gummer.

i just needed to lose my breakfast today...

:sick:

Not my intentions...but yes I laughed! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CountryBoy65
    Options
    My grand parents are about 90 and I don't even want to think of them using that room. Plus that is gross. Old people do not have sex.

If they're 90 then they definitely shouldn't be sleeping outside in a tent!!! Tell them the room is under construction and offer to help out with a hotel.

Why should jellybean have to help them out with a room...they are old. Old people have lots of money. I mean hell, they get social security and medicare....what do they have to spend their money on anyway?
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    If it were my grand parents, I would give them OUR room, and sleep in the play room. If there's no mattress in that room just pick one up for $30 and you will have it for guests too.

I would feel really bad telling my old, old grandparents to sleep in a tent. If they KNOW you have an extra room, my suggestion is to offer the "clean" regular bedroom.

Other options would be to look up a cheap hotel and offer to pitch in, or say that the room is under construction but that you have a spare mattress for the floor. But again, I wouldn't think of this as an option for old people, just at least moderately young people.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Did I just read that correctly? You're considering letting your elderly grandparents sleep outside, while you sleep inside of your house? :huh:
    If I were in this situation, I would lock the door to the play room, give my grandparents our room and we would sleep on the couches...or on the air mattress.

THIS.
    Plus you said they're 90. Doesn't matter what they did when they were young. Getting down on an air mattress is pretty damn hard at 90.
    Give them a little respect.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Elderly people do too have sex :smile:

Elderly people do not, however, sleep well in TENTS, I would imagine. Why not just get them a hotel room?

Or why don't you sleep in the playroom and offer them your bedroom?
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

Now that just don't make NO SENSE!
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

They used to tell me stories when I was little about how they would have to sleep on the dirt floors so I figured an air mattress was a few steps up.

haha... that is awesome!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Give them your bedroom, and set up an air mattress for you to sleep on in the spare room. Just tell them you want them to be comfortable, and don't take 'no' for an answer.

Although I strongly suspect this whole post is a joke...This is a good suggestion. This is also why I live in a small, crappy apartment, and make sure *everyone* who might decide they want to visit knows (1) that I live in a small, crappy apartment; (2) that there are really horrible roaches in Houston; and (3) that my air mattress has a hole in it, so that when you wake up in the morning, it is completely deflated. Basically I do everything I can to send the message "you do *not* want to stay with me." Oh, and when people do decide to stay with me, I do everything in my power to alienate them, including having loud threesomes in the next room (true story). Not surprisingly, I don't get many house guests.