House guests

Options

Replies

• Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I think that sometimes you just gotta tell your grandparents it's back to the old days for you!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Of course I'm a little perturbed that the Grandparents (consenting adults) aren't allowed to see the room, but the kids are ?!?!?

Who said the kids were?
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My grand parents are about 90 and I don't even want to think of them using that room. Plus that is gross. Old people do not have sex.

SInce I will be old one day... I hope to HECK that is NOT true.
  • Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    yeah...it's pretty obvious that the op is trolling you all...:noway: i don't know about anybody else but i don't exactly like to start my day with some annoying trolling...it's like waking up with a headache :grumble:

Ooohhhh this is one of those attention seeking posts, huh?? Aww, how cute. :huh:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this is a joke or not...

But, did you invite them to come visit or did they invite themselves?

If you invited them, then you need to do what you have to do to make them comfortable. It's part of being a host to your guests.

If they invited themselves, then tell them you can not host them in your home, give them the number to a few local hotels, and tell them you wish they had asked earlier so you could have maybe worked something out. It is simply rude to invite yourself someplace and then expect others to put you up in their home. They can ASK if you have a place for them to stay, but it shouldn't inconvenience the person they are visiting and if they are told that it is not possible they shouldn't get pissy over it.

My grandmother would NEVER simply invite herself as she was raised better then that.

Well I mentioned before we put the room in that we had a spare if they ever needed it. Then they called and asked.

There are no available hotels. I already checked. The fair is in town this weekend.

You are in quite the jam, aren't you... well, here's what I suggest: You need to leave the house immediatley - crash at a friends house if you have to. Lock the doors to your house, draw the shades. Get a bunch of mail and make it seem like you haven't been there for a while. Have a neighbour check on your house from time to time and update you on the status of your grandparents. Hopefully, they will have figured out that you're on vacation and gotten a hotel or made other arrangements.

When they ask you what happened, say "grandma, you told me it was next week, silly! Don't you remember me telling you that we were out of town this weekend?"
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    want about that old matress you have down in the basement?

Thats where I sleep.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    My grand parents are about 90 and I don't even want to think of them using that room. Plus that is gross. Old people do not have sex.

SInce I will be old one day... I hope to HECK that is NOT true.

I bet it is true... I'm pretty sure my parents haven't had sex since 1988.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Ummmm. I'm still waiting for the picture.

I would really like to show you. Unfortunatley I am at work and I don't have any pics on my phone. I will message you one tho later if you really want to see it. The swing that is set up is pretty impressive.

Yes please!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Tell them your pet hamster/miniature pig/giant anteater died and you are holding Syncretic ceremonies - they are expected to hold candles, sit on low stools, feast except when fasting, not open doors, nor turn on lights or speak in anything but Malvanian rhyme and they are to help pay for the ceremony as guests of the rejoicing. If they decide to still stay, you can have them sleep in the bathtub and pay for your performance in the "play room" and as part of the exalted ceremony to the departed pet. Should they not skedaddle to the nearest hotel with vacancies (or Wichita) you can always order the needed supplies for your "show" at www.deadfrozenpets.com. The playroom will be overlooked.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right?
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Of course I'm a little perturbed that the Grandparents (consenting adults) aren't allowed to see the room, but the kids are ?!?!?

Who said the kids were?

You live in a tiny house and moved your daughter into your son's room. You don't keep the playroom door locked (you said you would lock it while your gp's were in town). I'm guessing she noticed she's been moved out of her room?:embarassed:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that people really had adult play rooms...Ah-dult as opposed to adult ...first time I read this I thought 'Her grandparents must really hate pool/fussball'!

I was inspired after reading 50 shades of Grey and the hubby was allll for it. We have a 3 bedroom so we moved our daughter into her brothers room to make room for it. Nice addition to the house.

Wow. Please tell me you are joking and that you didn't redesign your house and start doing serious S&M play based only on a crappy novel. At least reassure me by telling me you got some descent instructional manuals that include information on safety.

No my husband designed it all himself. He is a plumber so he is sort of crafty. He did a really good job actually.

When you or your husband accidentally kills the other get in touch with me, I know an expert witness who specializes in this sort of case.
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    Move your stupidly expensive mattress into the playroom to sleep on. If you were a real kinster you'd have that under the bed restraint system to put under the mattress too. Or maybe a vac bed or a sleeping sac.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

Who said the kids were?

You live in a tiny house and moved your daughter into your son's room. You don't keep the playroom door locked (you said you would lock it while your gp's were in town). I'm guessing she noticed she's been moved out of her room?:embarassed:

I didnt state that I don't keep it locked. Kids can not get into the room. They are 2 & 5. They can't reach the handle. But thanks for insinuating that I am a bad parent.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options

I have back issues and just bought a 2600 dollar mattress. I can NOT sleep on an air mattress. What if I got them cots instead of air matresses. They are big tents. They can practically stand up in them. The hotels are all booked up. The fair is in town.

It took me this long to realize that this whole thread was BS. Very dissapointed in myself; I am not on the ball today.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that people really had adult play rooms...Ah-dult as opposed to adult ...first time I read this I thought 'Her grandparents must really hate pool/fussball'!

I was inspired after reading 50 shades of Grey and the hubby was allll for it. We have a 3 bedroom so we moved our daughter into her brothers room to make room for it. Nice addition to the house.

Wow. Please tell me you are joking and that you didn't redesign your house and start doing serious S&M play based only on a crappy novel. At least reassure me by telling me you got some descent instructional manuals that include information on safety.

No my husband designed it all himself. He is a plumber so he is sort of crafty. He did a really good job actually.

When you or your husband accidentally kills the other get in touch with me, I know an expert witness who specializes in this sort of case.

This response is so... uneducated. Seriously? I'm sure at one point she could say, "Ow, this hurts."
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

90 and you want to put them out side?
    No. Living room, your room, or you find them somewhere else to stay.

I will tell you right now my parents would kick my *kitten* from one side of town to the other for even considering putting my grandparents in a tent.
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't usually respond to these posts but this one is heartwrenching. Regardless of the reason your spare room is not usable for guests you need to remember these are your 90+ grandparents. I would do ANYTHING to accomodate my nana if she came to visit. Give up my room, buy a new mattress..... ANYTHING. Grandparents give unconditional love to you your whole life and you would suggest throwing them in a tent in the backyard...... This makes my heart hurt.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options

Who said the kids were?

Sweetness, this has to be a troll post... otherwise the OP has some SERIOUS issues with respect and family. The fair is in town and the crazies are definately out and about! :laugh: :laugh: Too many inconsistancies in the story...bad back vs adult play room... a boy and a girl sharing a room so that she can have a sex room... grannie can sleep in a tent but OP cannot sleep on an air mattress... yeah, this post is crap. Sorry OP, I call BS. but you kinda made me chuckle tho! :drinker:
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I didnt state that I don't keep it locked. Kids can not get into the room. They are 2 & 5. They can't reach the handle. But thanks for insinuating that I am a bad parent.
    [/quote]

Not a bad parent but perhaps a shtty grandchild