Serious Q: When you eat and get diarrhea...

Options
how many of the calories do you add to your diary? I mean, if you ate the Waffle House Special and it passd through you in 15 minutes, there's no way you absorbed all of the calories. Furthermore, if you fight it and hold it in, are any calories absorbed through your colon? Is there possibly an equation one can use? Like TotalCalories x (time digested in minutes / (4x60) ) = NetCalories ?

Replies

• B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    lol

(I am of no help, but thanks for the laugh.)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    how many of the calories do you add to your diary?

All of them. Doesn't matter how they came out.....or when.
  • MisterOtter
    Options
    Don't eat the Waffle House Special.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Serious? Log the calories. I wouldn't count 'holding in ****' as a valid exercise.....
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    -10 for each plop
  • jshort152
    Options
    no matter what you eat it takes hours to go through your system, you're just passing stool that is foods youve eaten previously, hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Interesting question I have no idea. But waffle house is definatly note the place to eat if you are trying to lose weight. Not that I don't love Waffle House. I am originally form Atlanta. I guess I can only suggest trying to google it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    -10 for each plop

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Log it and drink lots of water! Feel better :flowerforyou:
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would be more concerned with the symptom and less concerned about the calorie count. Could be something like a response to dairy allergies causing stomach distress.
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    I went through a phase of getting diarrhea from junk foods. I just didn't log the day and spent the next day eating crackers, plain chicken and drinking sports drinks
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've seriously wondered this same thing. I DO record it, but I've considered not doing so. This doesn't happen to me like it used to though. I guess eating healthier and getting enough fiber has made a difference.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Count the food anyway, but don't count whatever water you drank toward your eight glasses. So in conclusion, drink more water today and avoid Waffle House from now on!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When you eat, it is digested in your stomach before it passes through approx. 25 feet of intestines. There is no way something you ate will pass through your body in 15 min. You're disposing of food that you ate previously, not the food you just ate 15 min ago.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    how many of the calories do you add to your diary?

All of them. Doesn't matter how they came out.....or when.

but why add calories if my body didn't asborb them? It's like fiber, it has calories, but since your body doesn't absorb it they put 0 cals on the label.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ...and if you have to make a run for the loo, don't forget to log the sprint in your exercise diary.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ok seriously thank you, I needed that laugh today
    Serious? Log the calories. I wouldn't count 'holding in ****' as a valid exercise.....

Sometimes you can break a sweat though!! :laugh: that has got to be some kind of calorie burn!!:bigsmile:
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    WTF.jpg
  • weemawhit
    weemawhit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    -10 for each plop

:flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    no matter what you eat it takes hours to go through your system, you're just passing stool that is foods youve eaten previously, hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

You may be a personal trainer, but apparently you don't train colons. If I eat Chinese Buffet and 15minutes later I see peking duck in the toilet, it obviously passed through.