New to the site, but loving it so far!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site, and I really enjoy it so far. What I really appreciate about my experience here is being able to see everything laid out so clearly. I do want to make my fitness goals a higher priority in my life, and seeing everything in once place is helping me follow through with that goal. As an example, I eat chinese food once a week, and had no idea that the General Tso's I frequently order had so many calories. I knew it wasn't as great as eating a salad or something like that, but the calories attached just aren't worth it to me. I'd rather spend those on something REALLY tasty! Ha. (I'll have to find a healthier General's recipe that I can make myself.)

Anyway. I graduated from college in May and started working from home, gaining 10 lbs in the process of that transition. I am a 3D artist, working between 45-60 hours a week, so I'm at my desk all day! When I started college I weighed 30 lbs heavier than I am now, so it really terrified me to see my progress move in the wrong direction! I've gone back down another 3 lbs since that realization, and I would like to lose another ~30 lbs as my final goal. (Though my real goal is to be at around 22% body fat or so. The weight part of my goal is more or less irrelevant-- just helps paint the picture.)

I just joined Curves a few days ago, and I've also become more rigorous about healthy food. I already feel more energized and pleased with both decisions, and lurking these forums have also helped my attitude! So please feel free to add me as a friend, whether we have things in common or not. It really helps to see other people working towards their own goals, and it helps to be reminded that I'm not alone in this! :)

Replies

• reisha
    reisha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well but like you, I'm really enjoying it so far!:smile: