Serious Q: When you eat and get diarrhea...

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    seriously!!!

unless you see an entire waffle in the toilet you need to log everything you eat! the saying "it went right through me" is just that a saying. nothing really goes right through the body. there are no short cuts here!

Let me cook you dinner and we'll test your concept.
    *prepares 5 gallon bucket and strainer*
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    seriously!!!

unless you see an entire waffle in the toilet you need to log everything you eat! the saying "it went right through me" is just that a saying. nothing really goes right through the body. there are no short cuts here!

Thank you. :)
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think "eating back your calories" would apply in this situation
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Dude, talk about Peking duck in the toilet... How about some bell pepper chunks and corn? Don't tell me that was yesterday's food when I'm still sitting in the restaurant where I ate the bell pepper and corn. Face it. If the waffle is in the toilet, you shouldn't log the waffle. It's totally science.
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    People eat corn and days later it comes out whole, doesn't mean you didn't absorb something and it shouldn't count. But if you want to shift through your doops and recalculate your calories, who am I to say your method is wrong.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    sh*ttiest thread ever.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok....I'm done. Have fun "deleting" the waffles. :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Here's my take: If I'm unwell enough that I'm horking up or shooting my food out my *kitten*, I don't bother logging that day.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Dude, talk about Peking duck in the toilet... How about some bell pepper chunks and corn? Don't tell me that was yesterday's food when I'm still sitting in the restaurant where I ate the bell pepper and corn. Face it. If the waffle is in the toilet, you shouldn't log the waffle. It's totally science.

You my dear are both logical and genius.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to admit to the intricacies of the "incredible machine" that we possess.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    how many of the calories do you add to your diary?

All of them. Doesn't matter how they came out.....or when.

but why add calories if my body didn't asborb them? It's like fiber, it has calories, but since your body doesn't absorb it they put 0 cals on the label.

As someone already said, the food doesnt go through you that quickly. Its your LAST meal that you are eliminating. So should you go back and remove THOSE calories? No. Because those calories were already absorbed.

troll post or not...I have had lettuce come out my rear. Maybe not that quickly, but I do think it is a valid question....If it comes out looking like it went in, I would say a partial calorie adjustment would be called for.

having bits come out is NOT looking like it did when it went in. as soon as you put food into your mouth and chew digestion has begun. what you are expelling is just the empty cell walls or fiber. the nutrients have been removed. if you want to deduct calories for that bit of undigested plant matter then go ahead it is . 000001 of a calorie I think.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    sh*ttiest thread ever.

poop, there it is.
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's YOUR diet...plug in what you want. If you don't see any results, then your theory obviously did not work. Personally, I tend to overcount everything to insure that I get the results that I want. I don't subtract points for every piece of undigested corn I see.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    sh*ttiest thread ever.

“Roll down the windows!” As I screamed, the toots started to flood out uncontrollably. I scratched and clawed at the window like I was being kidnapped. Rob, unable to see either by fart cloud or panic, kept turning on the windshield wipers instead of unlocking the window.

It was chaos. We were acting like we were under siege by gun fire. We were under siege alright, just not by gun fire....
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Log it and drink some damn Pepto.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    It's YOUR diet...plug in what you want. If you don't see any results, then your theory obviously did not work. Personally, I tend to overcount everything to insure that I get the results that I want. I don't subtract points for every piece of undigested corn I see.

Every time you post, I see Ricky Gervais and start chortling.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    how many of the calories do you add to your diary?

All of them. Doesn't matter how they came out.....or when.

but why add calories if my body didn't asborb them? It's like fiber, it has calories, but since your body doesn't absorb it they put 0 cals on the label.

As someone already said, the food doesnt go through you that quickly. Its your LAST meal that you are eliminating. So should you go back and remove THOSE calories? No. Because those calories were already absorbed.

troll post or not...I have had lettuce come out my rear. Maybe not that quickly, but I do think it is a valid question....If it comes out looking like it went in, I would say a partial calorie adjustment would be called for.

having bits come out is NOT looking like it did when it went in. as soon as you put food into your mouth and chew digestion has begun. what you are expelling is just the empty cell walls or fiber. the nutrients have been removed. if you want to deduct calories for that bit of undigested plant matter then go ahead it is . 000001 of a calorie I think.

so if I chew a piece of food in my mouth and spit it out, I've gained all the calories because it looks different than when it went in?

Logic fail.
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    Serious? Log the calories. I wouldn't count 'holding in ****' as a valid exercise.....

HAHAHA :laugh: Love this!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Ok at 31 I would think I would be over the poop humor but it is still funny as ****!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I think a scale should be used in your equation. Weight of food in compared to waste out. Hope this helps.

and if you use that scale to measure your ****....buy a new one to measure the food.
  • macpacman
    Options
    Too much *kitten* science in this thread :P

I'm loving it.