My Sister thinks my wedding is hers

Options
2»

Replies

• sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My mom was kinda crappy growing up. Now it seems like my sister is non-existant and avoiding the wedding. Like not making it to the bachlorette party and not getting her dress altered.

I'm trying to be great to my mom.... like sending her flowers all the time (cause you only get one mom) but I want this for myself.
    :grumble: Grr, this makes me upset to hear that while you have tried to be kind they have not returned the same courtesy. I don't want to criticize your family, but I must say it sure would be nice if your sister would be more like a good sister. (I would have been very angry and sad if my sis didn't come to my b-ette!!) Now that I have a better understanding of why you have made that decision, I think you should go ahead with what you want. Continue your kindness to them, (being a bigger person), but when it comes to your wedding, don't go out of your way to accommodate them.
    Please don't let your families, or anyone's grumblings take away from your and your fiances day, don't regret not doing or doing something just because someone else wanted you to do it. (Advice from a "regretee") I wish I would have let go of hard feelings and enjoyed our day more, there will be things that don't go exaclty as planned and you can say wish I would have, could have should have, but that will only lead to more upset. Just go with your true feelings and let it go at that.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Bethanie- thank you for the suggestion, I am going to ask her tonight if she wants to read the poem. The flower idea was great too!

Thank you to everyone!

Kisses and smooches from a much happier bride :drinker: