Could it be the carbs?

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    You are getting bloated from your body adjusting to the low carbs. It will go away but in the meantime, you should buy a corset two sizes two small and then tighten it as tight as it will go. This will allow your stomach muscles to maintain their shape so they don't get stretched out during the adjustment period.
  • kneasles
    kneasles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are already pregnant.

That's what I was thinking as well.

^^ what they said

I don't think so. We have only been trying for about a month now.

It only takes one time. Take an EPT.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    You haven't been lifting heavy, have you? Because chicks get bulky if they lift heavy. Sounds like you are getting bulky to me. Maybe less core exercises. That should help you get rid of that fat, disgusting tummy!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Low carb (under 100g or so) can be an impediment to getting pregnant / optimal fertility from what I've read.

I haven't looked into it myself so I can't vouch for the veracity of the idea but I will see if I can find the sources.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:

Yes it is most definitely the carbs... Make sure you eat a lot of Tuna, hot dogs and sushi as well. That will counteract the effect of the carbs. :wink:

Well I like all of those but I heard if you eat too much tuna you can get mercury poisioning. Could that cause trouble for me since I am trying to have a baby?

Nah! I ate Tuna sandwiches from Subway every week while pregnant and she's fine.... except for the extra toes and fingers.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I say put the damn carbs back in....stock up on Smokes....coffee....and of course Vodka and have yourself a little party!
    Oh and when your boobs get bigger...you are most definitely getting fat!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    You haven't been lifting heavy, have you? Because chicks get bulky if they lift heavy. Sounds like you are getting bulky to me. Maybe less core exercises. That should help you get rid of that fat, disgusting tummy!

I HAVE been lifting. That explains it!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    How sweet!
    You built a sex play room and now you want to get knocked up! Well, your husband's gym is just a few steps outside in your "guest house" Spend more time in your "adult play room" and I'm sure you'll both lose weight and get knocked up!.

But...where will you put your 3rd kid when the other two are already bunking? well, I'm sure it'll be awhile before #2 realizes there are weird things in the nursery.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    How sweet!
    You built a sex play room and now you want to get knocked up! Well, your husband's gym is just a few steps outside in your "guest house" Spend more time in your "adult play room" and I'm sure you'll both lose weight and get knocked up!.

But...where will you put your 3rd kid when the other two are already bunking? well, I'm sure it'll be awhile before #2 realizes there are weird things in the nursery.

Oh you!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I believe people are picking on you because those are all the symptoms of pregnancy. Better check. If not- could be PMS. Cutting carbs will not cause those problems.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I believe people are picking on you because those are all the symptoms of pregnancy. Better check. If not- could be PMS. Cutting carbs will not cause those problems.

or could it be? that just perhaps...she's trolling?
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options

this
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:

Yes it is most definitely the carbs... Make sure you eat a lot of Tuna, hot dogs and sushi as well. That will counteract the effect of the carbs. :wink:

Well I like all of those but I heard if you eat too much tuna you can get mercury poisioning. Could that cause trouble for me since I am trying to have a baby?

I think they were being sarcastic. It's known that tuna and sushi may have really high mercury levels and if you have a high load, it will be high for your baby too. Not good. And hotdogs? Definitely NOT healthy. Try to eat unprocessed, natural, free range, non-pesticide sprayed foods if possible. Lots of free range meat, eggs, wild fish (low food chain and/or short-lived like salmon) and fat (coconut oil), some nuts and seeds, and all the veggies and some fruits.

When you are planning on getting pregnant, it's really important to get hyper-aware of toxic materials that are everywhere in our daily lives, and try to limit them. They go into your baby (and child) and will affect their health for life. Toxic stuff is in cans, plastic, many cooking tools, household cleaning products, air freshener sprays (yuck!), laundry detergents & softeners & Bounce sheets (even more yuck!), personal products (shampoo, get rid of the perfume!), carpet (offgasses forever, but extremely toxic for the first few months), upholstery (keep your old furniture and car!). Just a suggestion, it would be useful for your, and your future child's, safety to be aware of what toxic substances are in what. Get to know what ingredients are ok and what are not. For instance, if you currently use chlorine bleach, it's easy to switch to hydrogen peroxide. It's overwhelming and depressing trying to be a mom and chemical engineer, and it's hard to avoid everything, but you will be better off to make informed choices.

This info is all my own opinion and suggestions. Take it or leave it.
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are trying to have a baby, so I figured I would switch up my diet to get in shape before getting pregnant. I started doing low carb but it's only making me gain weight! It's weird, the only place I am gaining though is my belly area and my boobs seem to be getting bigger. I'm always hungry for the weirdest foods now! Am I just having weird cravings since I have cut out carbs? If I start eating carbs again, will my stomach and boobs go back down?
    You sound pregnant, it doesn't take long, you may want to check.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

^^ what they said

It only takes once, hon ;)
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are not already pregnant?
  • josenichols
    Options
    Ummm I am a little lost here? Why is everyone giving this lady the worst advice possible?
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Looks like that playroom is going to have to turn into a nursery - now you have an excuse as to why those grandparents need to go outside in the tent - it really will be under construction. hahahha nice ;) thanks for the laughs today
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I-see-what-you-did-there_4.jpg
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

^^ what they said

With both of my kids, it only took a month -- a handful of "tries" and BOOM, both times. You should take a test.
    (P.S. The test can be negative if it's early...take it twice, a week apart.)