30 Day Shred

Options
Hi everyone,
I started 30 Day Shred on the 1st and have done it faithfully each day. However, the last 3 days I find myself dreading it. I don't want to do it, I hate Jillian's voice, and generally find myself wanting to throw my weights thru the TV. I'm wondering if I did the DVD every other day and interspersed other workouts on the in between days if it would prevent the burnout/hatred I feel now. Will I lose any benefits by not doing 30DS every day? Thanks!

Replies

• Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I personally cannot do the same thing every single day. I started 30DS June 1st, did it two days in a row, and said I'm not doing it again. After a couple days of walking out the soreness, I tried again...got three days before I stopped.

Now I'm not saying I gave up...quite the contrary. I have the 30DS to thank for getting my butt off the couch and trying new exercises. Since the middle of June, I have rarely gone a day without some sort of planned exercise. I've lost a bit of weight and have a lot more energy. However, I did not do a true 30DS straight through. I found it was better for me to mix it up...30DS one day, cardio kickboxing another, basic weight training the third, a walking/jogging night ala C25K, etc...

I don't know what advice to give you other than to say that if you truly do hate it enough that you cannot bear turning it on that day, search around YouTube for a new workout, just once. See how you feel after, and then do 30DS the next. Many of those other programs that last 60-90 days alternate the type of workouts so you don't get bored, so maybe that's what you need. Don't worry...Jillian will still be there!
  • mforrestall
    mforrestall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I do have some other workouts that I enjoy and actually have missed, plus a big goofy dog that is missing our morning runs. I just thought I was "supposed" to do the video everyday. Guess I'll go back to switching it up based on what I'm in the mood for that day and add 30DS into the mix. Thanks