HELP! Baby Weight Blues

Options
I gave birth to my daughter in January. I use to not be a fan of anything unhealthy . . . until the cravings started!!

Two years ago, I ditched the bad foods and bad habits, and I lost 90lbs in less than a year.I weighed 134lbs and wearing a size 6 (a long way from 200+ and a size 16/18). When I got pregnant, I gained 100 lbs +. I was so devastated that all my hard work was gone faster than I lost it. Now I am struggling to lose it all again, but I no longer have any energy or motivation. I know I should not be, but I am so happy. I recently moved, and I found all my "skinny" clothes in a box, and I nearly started crying. I know my part of my problem is from water weight. I am currently on a prescription pill for it, but after a month of use I don't see anymore change. I am currently eating pretty healthy, drinking water and some teas, and exercising 3 times a week for 40 minutes (it's about how long my daughter will allow me before crying!!).

Any advice?

Replies

• NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    First off congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!!!! I know how difficult it can be to find time to take care of yourself with a new baby, but the good news is you have done it before. You lost more than 60lbs, that is amazing and you can and will do it again. I have two kids (4 & 1) and work full time, but when there is a will there is a way. And you seem to have the will, so keep going mama. I constantly stumble, but I keep getting back up. 40 minutes is great, make sure you push your intensity. Take walks with your daughter in a stroller (great way to relax her too and fresh air for both of you). Eat lots of fruits and veggies and remember, slow and steady loss is great. When you go slow you know that you are making a sustainable life changes. Give yourself time, and never give up. Don't know if you saw this tread but I found the points to be helpful, so check it out if you'd like http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/699874-10-things-i-have-learned-along-the-way

You can do this mama!:flowerforyou:
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I gave birth to twins last year and gained back all the weight I lost before too. Just keep trying don't give up. Maybe try taking your baby for short walks a couple times a day then work up to longer walks. There are also good programs you can from home such Jillian M 30 day shred its about 20min workout and then when you advance you can do Ripped in 30. Another good program that helped me lose weight is Turbo Jam its really fun workout that incorporates kickboxing and dance. Feel free to add me if you like. best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby, keep doing what you are doing it will come off. If you keep stressing and being depressed it wont so keep working hard, stay positive and you will be back in your "skinny clothes" again. I know its hard and some days it seems like you're getting no where but you are.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    yea for a new momma!!!

i feel ya girl... i have three kids of my own and my youngest is 2 1/2 and i'm still struggling with the last 20 pounds from pregnancy with her.... feel free to add me if you would like... :)
  • amburballin
    amburballin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! It's hard work! You have two young ones. That's exciting! I will check out the post. And tips will do wonders!
  • amburballin
    Options
    Thanks you! And true. I never thought about how the stress would make things worse!
  • amburballin
    Options
    I actually have four of her DVDs. Do they actually work? And congrats on your babies! They get big too quickly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!